• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle to get 17 more CRJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heh heh... I come through alot. Unfortunately it's THROUGH, the only overnight we have is a High-speed. Guess I could BUY beer, but I couldn't partake myself, and where would the fun be in THAT? :D

Congrats on the upgrade! Might make a separate trip if PCL would agree to that as payment. :) Would probably have to buy ATADave one or two as well, as it was his comment that prompted me to make a few phone calls which prompted me to buy the PCL stock to hold "just in case". Glad it worked out.

When did they change over to the Raddison?

within the past couple months. I think the hookers at the HI Select finally got the best of us.

Hey Rich, do I get a beer too? Even though upgrade is a far off prospect?:beer:

Might make a separate trip if PCL would agree to that as payment. :)

I accept! Swing by MEM in February when we're having the MEC meeting. I'm sure JH will have a Tunica trip planned. That's always good for some decent food and drinks. :)

P.S. We're gonna have to get a new bet going. How about $100 says that NPA merges into ALPA within 2 years? You game? ;)

P.S. We're gonna have to get a new bet going. How about $100 says that NPA merges into ALPA within 2 years? You game? ;)

I am game on for this... C'mon Lear... put your money where your one$ and zero$ are!!!

Last edited:
I accept! Swing by MEM in February when we're having the MEC meeting. I'm sure JH will have a Tunica trip planned. That's always good for some decent food and drinks. :)
Absolutely! Would love to hook up with Brother Hunter, too. I'll be a lineholder in Feb so I'll need to know what days to plan...

Well, if you'd asked me that before I got this piece of sh*t DVD from the Association, I'd have made that bet in a heartbeat.

Now, however, I'm not so sure. That DVD pissed off a LOT of our pilots. The MEC basically came out and said they were looking for 11% raises across the board.

WTF???

1. It's been 2 years and will be coming up 3 by the time anything is inked. 11% is just BARELY over COLA from those years alone. It's basically no raise at all, just bringing us back to what our rates WOULD have been with COLA raises, essentially cost-neutral for the company.

2. Our F/O's are the worst-compensated FO's for our size equipment in the country. SWA rates are 60-70% higher than our FO rates after year 2. Almost every legacy carrier is 20-30% higher than ours starting at year 1 (except for CAL and they pass us in year 2). 11%???

3. If Midwest happens (and I have a c-note on this as well that it will), and we do anything except a staple (which won't happen), it'll put upgrade out of my reach with our current delivery schedule. If THAT happens, it makes this job no longer worthwhile. I came to airTran because of the upgrade time. Take that away, and I don't get BACK to what I was making at PCL until year 4 here, don't break even from what I lost until year 7?

Why would you negotiate 3 years for a cost of living increase contract only? I don't think so.

Because of that DVD, the pending MKE merger (acquisition, whatever), and the NPA's horrible choice of LOA signing during the Christmas debacle this year, there's a lot more people that would reconsider ALPA membership if it would change our NPA leadership as well and put us back on track for a better contract.

So,,, no bet. But I'll still pay up on this one. :)

within the past couple months. I think the hookers at the HI Select finally got the best of us.
What hookers? Do you mean PCL flight attendants in training? They're the only ones I ever saw there... ;)

Hey Rich, do I get a beer too? Even though upgrade is a far off prospect?:beer:

Sure! If I remember correctly, MEC meetings (except for certain closed-session negotiating or grievance sensitive subjects) are open to any line pilot. Might as well go check it out then come with them to whatever watering hole the guys decide is the most fun for the evening!

:beer:

:D

Lear70

Glad I could help somebody make a little dough...that stock will be sky rocketing even more in the next couple weeks if the company gets their way

Heh heh... I come through alot. Unfortunately it's THROUGH, the only overnight we have is a High-speed. Guess I could BUY beer, but I couldn't partake myself, and where would the fun be in THAT? :D

Congrats on the upgrade! Might make a separate trip if PCL would agree to that as payment. :) Would probably have to buy ATADave one or two as well, as it was his comment that prompted me to make a few phone calls which prompted me to buy the PCL stock to hold "just in case". Glad it worked out.

Maybe... not willing to make bets on the CMR/DAL/CVG stuff. Too far outside the "probable" realm. I'll take an 80% ROI in a 24 hour period and RUN! LOL

Here's hoping the company DOESN'T get their way. Growth at another's expense is NEVER a good thing.

Same here...I would rather stay where we are at that take CMR's flying...BTW I dont think we can even get the staffing to do it...which means more junior manning for the Captains

Latest resources

Back