Pinnacle TA Passes....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You pcl guys are a disgrace

You know, it's comments like this that shows this industry's true colors. Through this whole process we never recieved one offer of help from any other MEC. So in the interest of self preservation many voted this TA in. Your comments to vote this down was not a solution to the problem we face at the regional level. What we need is solidarity between all ALPA carriers. Offers of a certain percentage integration on your seniority list would have gone a long way to show solidarity. But that wouldn't have worked either, would it? Because it would have made your company more top heavy, and delayed up-grades to selfish people like you Clutch. Your only words of encouragement were that we would be able to start over, perhaps even at your company. Well, quite frankly with the state of the industry and most of the 200's going away, that's a bigger crap shoot than what Delta offered us. Face it, we are all do contract work, and Delta is going to manage their costs for said contracts. Your comments show you as self serving, arrogant, and a person that totally lacks compassion and understanding for people going through very tough times. And then you criticize us for making this choice. I truey hope that you and your kind are the minority where you work, and that you never have to experience what we went through. But I will also say that I'm old enough to believe in karma.

Haha GL back from lunch at Taco Bell, what'd you get your ma putz?

Actually it was Wendy's, my favorite. Darn tasty burgers....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Colgan and PNCL have always benefited and continue to benefit from pilot groups who were looking to "get in and get out" while sacrificing QOL and $. This landslide vote comes as no surprise.

You do realize of course that Colgan pilots comprise a pretty small group within the greater pncl pilot group right?

A concept that many of you still don't grasp, is that the regional industry is contracting. PNCL did not start a race to the bottom, PNCL was very weak due to horrible management and also had one of the top contracts that DAL definitely wanted to cut...PNCL is just the first to go under this new reality.

I realize trying to be rational on this forum is a bit too much to ask, however, there might be a few pilots out there that can do the math:

The majors have contracted and merged, now the regionals will follow. There are more regionals out to bid then there is flying for them to do, it's simple supply and demand. This concept should work in our favor very shortly, live to fight another day.

BTW, even with the TA we are above Gojet, Compass and Mesa...we are next to Republic now with total compensation.

if you believe the bar graphs that the union put out-based solely on the fact our costs are higher because our pilot group is super senior-and maybe we have a four hour min day and trip cancelation pay. That being said-if you look at our pay rates, and where they sit. I am sure we are lower than a lot of groups out there. The soft money will not make up for how unlivable our FO wages are. I think even compass 2nd year FO rates are higher than our top FO payrate. That is disgraceful. We had a gun to our heads and the finger on that trigger was both Delta and ALPA national. I am sure that Pinnacle will not be around in 5-7 years as by that time we will need to hire and there will be no one who wants to come here. I saw this contract for what it was-crap. I saw what the union placed in front of me for proof we were too $$$ and saw the slight of hand. I think-that if the reason we were not competitive and cost more than others was because of our super senior pilots, why did the FO's take such a huge unlivable pay cut?

Those that voted this in only voted to preserve a paycheck for two years tops. after that we will most be gone.

Latest resources

Back