Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Initial Realignment Award 11-09 DELAYED

During the initial run of the 11-09 Award the software used to generate the award was not properly applying the Bloch Award "Caps" in regard to displacements. Since the 11-09 Award will have a significant number of displacements this defect could greatly impact the award.

Our software developer has been working closely with the Company and is currently working to fix the problems we identified. Once fixed, we will need to test the changes before launching the Initial 11-09 Realignment Award.
Due to the size and complexity of the 11-09 Award the run time for the award has been over 24 hours so we are not certain when the Initial Award will be published. Due to this delay the timeline published on the Realignment Notice will need to be revised. The Company and ALPA are in communication regarding the system itself and the timeline for the award.

New Final Award and Class Date Bid opening, closing and award dates and times will be published with the Initial Award.

We understand the impact this award has on you but feel it is of utmost importance to make sure the system works in order to ensure this and all future awards are processed correctly.

Your badge still says Mesaba. You're not 9E yet. But you will be as you come off the Saabs and displace our CRJ Captains.

I do like that phrase: Bloch Award "Caps"

And I like how they put it in quotes. LOL!

We are all 9E now. I will be displacing a captain that is junior to me, just like a Captain that is senior to me will be taking an MSP captain spot that I would like.

Your badge still says Mesaba. You're not 9E yet. But you will be as you come off the Saabs and displace our CRJ Captains.

I do like that phrase: Bloch Award "Caps"

And I like how they put it in quotes. LOL!

Theres like 30 vacancies per base on 11-09. I dont think to many current captains will have to give up the 4th stripe unless it's by choice (ex. Don't want to commute for captain).

Theres like 30 vacancies per base on 11-09. I dont think to many current captains will have to give up the 4th stripe unless it's by choice (ex. Don't want to commute for captain).

I think you will see many displacements into right seats from the left, along with a good number of new left seats WAY out of numerical (ISL) order. I guess I can try out 20 days off again.

I think you will see many displacements into right seats from the left, along with a good number of new left seats WAY out of numerical (ISL) order.
Correct on the above!

I'll save the trouble, here are the Captain awards from current airlines:

M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
P
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
P
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
P
P
P
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
M
M
C
P

If 83 vacancies, reinstatement rights, contract relief, and just plain common sense aren't enough to save the Pinnacle captains.... this company is lost.

The Bloch award does not include common sense. b.t.w. In case you haven't noticed common sense is no longer common.

Latest resources

Back