Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle pilots vote 99.39% in favor of a strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It just warms my heart seeing the former redtailers come out and support their previous coworkers.

I sit here at gate 12 in TYS waiting for a Pinnacle flight (full revenue passenger these days on a walkup Y-fare). Supposed to fly from TYS-DTW-MSP and the flight cancelled. They're telling the passengers it's due to MX.

In the meantime, I'm over here reading the releases on Marketwatch and Yahoo Finance about the strike vote... Hmmm... Maintenance. Yeah... That's it. ;)

I hope to hear more good news over the next year as you get further along towards release into self-help. Everyone knows that's the only way to get anything accomplished these days.

GOOD LUCK, and FLY SAFE!! :)

Rich
(former high-speed hater) ;)

Although I thought my last post was sufficent here is some more food for thought.

When 99% of ANY pilot group votes for a strike it says one thing, they have problems that managment is ignoring, folks these pilots are serious and they have reason to be.

Any pilot wannbe who goes to work or even interviews with Pinnacle while these men and women have they livlihood on the line is to stupid too fly and airplane much less tie their shoes. What do you want before reality hits you in the face for God to write it in the sky?

Pinnacle has deminstrated over and over and over that it's pilots and other employees mean nothing. They laugh at pilots lined up in front of their doors for an interview knowing you are the new sheep to be slaughered. Don't think that YOU will make a difference, you won't, nothing will change until you stand beside these pilots and your profession and refuse to interview unless there is a contract in place.

Why waste your time with a company that thinks so little of their pilots? 99% or the pilots will thank you when you get hired under a new industry leading contract.

Now I'm done (maybe)

Although I thought my last post was sufficent here is some more food for thought.

When 99% of ANY pilot group votes for a strike it says one thing, they have problems that managment is ignoring, folks these pilots are serious and they have reason to be.

Any pilot wannbe who goes to work or even interviews with Pinnacle while these men and women have they livlihood on the line is to stupid too fly and airplane much less tie their shoes. What do you want before reality hits you in the face for God to write it in the sky?

Pinnacle has deminstrated over and over and over that it's pilots and other employees mean nothing. They laugh at pilots lined up in front of their doors for an interview knowing you are the new sheep to be slaughered. Don't think that YOU will make a difference, you won't, nothing will change until you stand beside these pilots and your profession and refuse to interview unless there is a contract in place.

Why waste your time with a company that thinks so little of their pilots? 99% or the pilots will thank you when you get hired under a new industry leading contract.

Now I'm done (maybe)

Excellent post. I hope any people even thinking about this place would reconsider. Mesaba is a much better option. And paying captain pay from day one if you are hired as a street captain.

It will still be along time before we see a contract.

How exactly does a President "sneak a bill through Congress"?

There have been several airline labor groups released during Bush, including Mesaba, NWA, and Polar...... In 1998, the Clinton NMB refused to release us at ASA and parked us..... It has more to do with the RLA, then Dem/Rep......

The payraise I just got won't cover the increase in taxes I will have to pay under Hillary.....

Bills are sneaked through by stapling them to other bills. Basically the good are mixed with the bad and they are voted on as a group. Usually they get little or no press coverage and congress overlooks it.

Don't worry about paying tax. Paying tax is good it means you are making money. I would be more concerned with not being able to have a job so you can buy food for your family. Vote for the good of all and we will all come out ahead.

Latest resources

Back