• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle or Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesnt matter which regional you go to. Go wherever you will be home more and make the most money. There is no "quick upgrade" airline anymore.

This...

Thanks for all the replies!

This is actually for a friend who now has this choice. He was certainly leaning towards Pinnicle but your remarks I have shared and I think he is locked in.

Thanks again guys.

Thanks for all the replies!

This is actually for a friend who now has this choice. He was certainly leaning towards Pinnicle but your remarks I have shared and I think he is locked in.

Thanks again guys.

I wish I could recommend RAH to your friend, but BB and his cronies refuse to see the light. They won't negotiate a decent contract, so they won't get anybody to come to class and attrition will drive them out of business.

Just how much attrition is RAH seeing every month? Where are people quitting for?

There seems to be a veritable chorus of "attrition here is crazy" from RAH pilots on every forum...

Just how much attrition is RAH seeing every month? Where are people quitting for?

There seems to be a veritable chorus of "attrition here is crazy" from RAH pilots on every forum...

We've seen a spike lately to about 8% in the last few months. While not a large number up front, they haven't been able to fill classes to make up for it. 15 showed up for the last class of 26. As for where people are going, SWA is emptying their pool and taking all of their RAH poolies, JBLU picked up a bunch of FOs and CAs alike, some are leaving the flying biz altogether, some are going into corporate or 91. We lost a good number to DL a few months back as well. It will only accelerate as time moves irrevocably forward.

I wonder which will suffer first. RAH's child(the branded flying), or the milk giving cow(the FFD side)?

Even with the increase in health insurance its still better than yours....

Not really and I still make more and pay less. I pretty much work at pinnacle since we pick up their flying every month cause they can't staff their flying. Seeing more and more of that lately.

BTW I would appreciate it if Pinnacle crews would show up to their flights more than 10 minutes before departure while drinking their fresh starbucks latte that they just purchased. Doesn't look very good at a gate full of passengers. Seeing more and more of that lately when I commute. I am talking about first flights of the day not a tight connection.

Last edited:
Not really and I still make more and pay less. I pretty much work at pinnacle since we pick up their flying every month cause they can't staff their flying. Seeing more and more of that lately.

BTW I would appreciate it if Pinnacle crews would show up to their flights more than 10 minutes before departure while drinking their fresh starbucks latte that they just purchased. Doesn't look very good at a gate full of passengers. Seeing more and more of that lately when I commute. I am talking about first flights of the day not a tight connection.

Pimpin aint' easy.

BTW I would appreciate it if Pinnacle crews would show up to their flights more than 10 minutes before departure while drinking their fresh starbucks latte that they just purchased. .

I'm sure some of your crews do it too. Stop pointing fingers, and write an email to Pinnacle if you don't like this. Saying stuff like this on here is not going to do anything.

Didn't Pinnacle's health insurance triple with the new contract? Kinda negates the pay raise doesn't it.

Yes it did almost triple, but in a few weeks ask a current 9E guy if it negates the pay raise, 4 hour min day, and block or better by LEG...not pairing.

BTW, my section 3 actual pay did not go up 1 cent, but my end of year W-2 is going to go up about 10 percent. I love work rules.

Fresh Lattes are a mandatory item for the first flight of the day, come on you know that....:)

Next time I see a Comair guy commuting to Norfolk (thats where you commute to isn't it?) I will be sure to give you the hang ten sign as I stroll up to the gate 30 minutes early......:)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back