Pinnacle Near Top of Their Game in January '09 On-Time Performance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks

Thanks to all PCL company *************************s for bending over for uncle phil and his cronies.. Also congrats on giving them there bonuses..

On a different note, if we had the "Great Anointed Mesaba" pilot group with the same 9E mismanagement and the same labor hating government that we have had, how SPECIFICALLY would we have a new contract by now?

I'll take a stab, but you have to promise to stop name calling in the majority of your posts with those whom you don't agree.
The question you posed is almost impossible to answer. To correct you first; Mesaba's pilot group is far from "anointed." If you saw the last batch of low time wonders you would understand. There are of few of those that slipped through the HR hiring crack when we couldn't fill seats fast enough. Thank God the days of hiring guys with less than 1000 hrs total time are history. With that being said, The majority of pilots at Mesaba would rather be working at Home Depot than work for Pinnacle. That's a Fact. It's a different culture at Mesaba. Our pilot group takes pride in our safety record and our professionalism. For about 2-3 years at Pinnacle it was one violation after accident after incident. Over and over and over and over and over again. Regan National, the mountains of Montana, the overfly with F16's in DTW, the off roading in MKE, the winter wonderland in TVC, and of course and Jefferson City accident.
Now that the crazy hiring boom has ended for 9E, we have seen a ruduction of crazy incidents. Thank God.
So what's my point? You can't compare apples and oranges. You would not have our pilot group with your management. So it's hard to rationalize that situation. But if it was the case, our pilots would have quit during day 5 of indoc once they saw what a cluster F your training department was over the last few years.
Hope this helps you understand the perspective Mesaba pilots have about 9E. We don't despise the individual pilot, just what the whole pilot group stands for and the foundation from which it stems.
Clear as mud? I hope so.

Last edited:
Did Mesaba not just put a 900 off the runway in DTW? Did your "professional" pilot group take pride in that?

It's a different culture at Mesaba. Our pilot group takes pride in our safety record and our professionalism.

Its strange how such a strong safety culture breeds a bunch of grown men who like to corn hole little boys. :rolleyes:

Did Mesaba not just put a 900 off the runway in DTW? Did your "professional" pilot group take pride in that?

Point taken. I figured this would come up. Let me restate my previous point: The "vast majority" of XJ pilots take pride in our safety record and professionalism. I am still deeply disapointed that we had a brand new airplane slide off the runway for "whatever" reason. Pilot error? Of course. Would this incident have happened if another crew had been piloting the aircraft that day? Probably not. There were many 900's landing and taxiing safely off runway 22R that morning. But my other points in my previous post were accurate and spot on.

How about blowing out the windows of the employee bus by doing cross bleed starts at the gate!!??

I like the majority of XJ guys but....ever heard of the glass house and throwing rocks?

perfect

I'll take a stab, but you have to promise to stop name calling in the majority of your posts with those whom you don't agree.
The question you posed is almost impossible to answer. To correct you first; Mesaba's pilot group is far from "anointed." If you saw the last batch of low time wonders you would understand. There are of few of those that slipped through the HR hiring crack when we couldn't fill seats fast enough. Thank God the days of hiring guys with less than 1000 hrs total time are history. With that being said, The majority of pilots at Mesaba would rather be working at Home Depot than work for Pinnacle. That's a Fact. It's a different culture at Mesaba. Our pilot group takes pride in our safety record and our professionalism. For about 2-3 years at Pinnacle it was one violation after accident after incident. Over and over and over and over and over again. Regan National, the mountains of Montana, the overfly with F16's in DTW, the off roading in MKE, the winter wonderland in TVC, and of course and Jefferson City accident.
Now that the crazy hiring boom has ended for 9E, we have seen a ruduction of crazy incidents. Thank God.
So what's my point? You can't compare apples and oranges. You would not have our pilot group with your management. So it's hard to rationalize that situation. But if it was the case, our pilots would have quit during day 5 of indoc once they saw what a cluster F your training department was over the last few years.
Hope this helps you understand the perspective Mesaba pilots have about 9E. We don't despise the individual pilot, just what the whole pilot group stands for and the foundation from which it stems.
Clear as mud? I hope so.

Your the perfect canidate to nominate for the typical mesaba mo fo. Your the perfect example to hit with you seven kicks in your ass for being such a dooooosh bag. Faggg.

Clear as mud? I hope so.

You have a point but you appear to be throwing ALL the 9E pilots under the bus with your statement.
The accident/incident/violation really has very little to do with the pilot "group". Making that statement is basically saying all 9E pilots are the same as those in the events you mention.

the ONE thing you did get right was It's a different culture at Mesaba , the question to ask is why? it is really the pilots? or perhaps the culture of the company? XJ while it does not have the list if incidents, does have several pilots that I believe are incarcerated. ironically all for the same thing too (what's the odds of that?). Regardless, the XJ pilot group and the 9E pilot groups are basically the same... a group of pilots that are trying to make a living. What makes them different is the environment they operate in. To blame the pilot group is wrong, you must blame the environment and support the pilot group.

You have a point but you appear to be throwing ALL the 9E pilots under the bus with your statement.
The accident/incident/violation really has very little to do with the pilot "group". Making that statement is basically saying all 9E pilots are the same as those in the events you mention.

the ONE thing you did get right was It's a different culture at Mesaba , the question to ask is why? it is really the pilots? or perhaps the culture of the company? XJ while it does not have the list if incidents, does have several pilots that I believe are incarcerated. ironically all for the same thing too (what's the odds of that?). Regardless, the XJ pilot group and the 9E pilot groups are basically the same... a group of pilots that are trying to make a living. What makes them different is the environment they operate in. To blame the pilot group is wrong, you must blame the environment and support the pilot group.

I disagree with your post/opinion. But I respect your view.

There are some WEIRD guys over at XJ. Every airline has a couple here or there, but it is quite the different culture over there.

They always seemed to walk around the halls like they were the hottest sh!t around... it was especially noticable when we shared the hall with them.

dondk hit the nail on the head with his summary.

Latest resources

Back