• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan SLI!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't have a point, I was pointing out that in your previous posts you claim that Pinnacle Inc has no hand in the purchase of Mesaba but in your latest post you point that because Pinnacle bought Mesaba that the situation is different than in '97. If Pinnacle Inc didn't buy you then the purchasing situation is identical to '97.

Facts are that wholly owned Mesaba did not have a contract with Delta on any of their airframes. A new service agreement was negotiated between PNCL and DAL with the purchase (reference the SEC filings for full details). This situation was exactly the same as in 1997 when wholly owned Express I did not have a service agreement with NWA.

I don't get why the Mesaba pilots on this board have no clue as to what even happened in '97. If you weren't there and you don't know, just keep your trap shut. Your speculation only makes you more confused.

I do agree that it is completely different situation though and the LOA does not apply in any way other than highlighting what the Mesaba MEC thought was a "fair" integration years ago.

Flip back a post or two and you'll find your answer. You actually quoted it above.....can't you read?

How can this purchasing situation be identical to the '97 one if there wasn't one then and there certainly is a "purchasing situation" now?

...oh, you agree it's a completely different situation...wait, it's exactly the same...wait...huh?

Sorry I missed your answer before. Please see CptMurph's post about the fragmentation policy. Oh, and if all we needed was the fragmentation policy, why did we need the scope in our contract? And with all this flying getting moved around DCI carriers, why have pilots not moved from company to company?

Approx 10% of the awarded fleet (we had over 100 at one point). Might explain the limits on how many pilots were allowed to take the LOA with seniority brought up earlier. With a total of 20ish% 5 years later.

At the time Mesaba had about 50 aircraft. The infusion from Express was about a 20% increase to the Mesaba fleet.

Please see CptMurph's post about the fragmentation policy.

CptMurph can't even get Mesaba history figured out....he sure isn't expert on ALPA fragmentation policy.

Oh, and if all we needed was the fragmentation policy, why did we need the scope in our contract? And with all this flying getting moved around DCI carriers, why have pilots not moved from company to company?

Fragmentation policy does not make management take pilots. Scope does that.

I cannot believe how this argument is stupid-Hey Doing Time-figure it out, this is not a transfer of assets-Mesaba pilots had language in the contract to fly these airplanes-the new contract Pinnacle Holdings got for buying Mesaba ensures future profits (there is a point to be made that Delta forced the sale on Pinnacle by giving awesome financing). So guess what? Your precious flying over at 9E did nothing to buy Mesaba. This situation is nothing like 97' unless you are telling us that MAIR Holdings bought Express or part of Express back in 97? You and all your idiot buddies over at Pinnacle (the ones that are not arguing this are not idiots) are just using this as a argument to steal seniority. Oh and just because you are so fond of Republic I think you should go there-you are about as nice and bright as those guys who screwed two good airlines.

So when is the decision from the arbitrator due?

On, or before, Friday May 20.

Once it comes out, I am willing to bet we will see a thread that will have a record amount of posts within 24 hours. Someone said 10 pages, I think it'll be far more.

Latest resources

Back