• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan get TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I want it to pass for selfish reasons (might leave soon, want to make some short-term money to payoff the union dues put in), but am going to vote "no", due to principle. It's probably going to pass but I want the election results to accurately reflect that some (me) are dissatisfied with the payrates. Specifically, Q400 (74 seats) rates being lower than CRJ-200 pay, until we catch up at year 5 of contract. The growing pains that Q CA's have had to deal with in introducing this aircraft to the airline should be accurately reflected in a proper wage, right off the bat. Just my two cents and personal opinion. Now, you go and vote according to yours. Just make sure you consider EVERYTHING and read Very slowly.

I hope the rest of the Colgan group isn't as unedecuated/slow as yourself. It sounds to me that you need a dose of reality.

ALPA merger policy. There will be no "snap-snap" from the Office Space stapler. Maybe if you guys do some more informational picketing you could get 2 to 1.

I was agreeing with you. You may have me confused with 1.3v. I'm not for a staple.

Hey 9E guys.... Since the TA1 deets were never really publicly known, how's this TA stack up? Thinking of how voting will go....

Can't really compare it - the full thing isn't out yet. Only the supposedly good stuff is in the summary. Depends on equipment, seat, longevity, and family status. The bling of the pay rates is blinding everyone to the other hand in their pocket. Not all the information is out yet but from what is....

The PCL 900 pilots that use the family health plan go backwards after taxes and medical expenses, their raises are too small to compensate for the increase in the health plan

For the 200 guys it is a mixed bag - it will depend on wether they use the family medical plan, seat and longevity. Senior pilots over 15 years win big but for pilots less than that it's not clear cut. FO's that use the family plan could lose income after medical expenses. The single guys that forgo medical coverage do well.

In scheduling it looks like management finally got some things they have wanted for a long time. For line holders when your flights cancel you are on reserve - except we're going to call it 'time available'. It's still reserve. We've always had that as the pilots option - now there is no choice. The limits on refusing extensions and JA's are concessionary. In effect what we have always called 'extensions' that were refusable here are now called 'JA's' and we can only refuse 3 a year. Reserves and junior line holders will use their yearly allotment in two months. HUGE concession from the current book. Using line holders as reserves has been managements wet dream for years and they finaly got it.

For reserves they will get a minimum of 10 days of a month, after they are 'JA'd' once a month. That's an improvemnt over the current book but management got reserve out of domicle. We tried that once here and it was a disaster. Get used to five days in GSO, IND, CVG or any other 'focus' city. Currently they can do this only on a volunteer basis, now the junior reserves will have no choice. The LCR language is not in the current book but appears to be largely concessionary from the rejected TA. The number of reserves that option will be available to is greatly reduced.

The only thing managment has wanted that I didn't see in the TA summary was IROP language. Every day is an 'IROP' at PCL. If that shows up in the final language I'll puke.

The rest of the stuff in the summary, commuter clause, building the lines, etc was pretty much either current '99 book or current practice.

Still waiting for more and undecided.

Latest resources

Back