Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ring ring...
PT:hello?
Crew:hello, PT?, even though you are an a$$clown and I know fuel is only 3 times what it was last year, but you REALLY need to carry more weight (i.e. ballast) around the system on the airplanes so we can commute.
PT:no problem, anything for you guys/gals!
thanks PT, BTW, what's jingle pants phone number?
ring ring
JP:hello?
Crew:Hello Jingle Pants? I know there is not enough ramp people in MSP and DTW to load passenger bags, push back airplanes and such, but they REALLY need to spend more time looking for and loading ballast so we can commute.
JP:no problem, the agents were slacking and we were just trying to come up with something else that we can pay them to do! Thanks!

ha ha ha ha ...right, you just gave mgmnt another $ saving idea!

Well smart guy, other airlines HAVE done this. Air Wisconsin got rid of the second galley coffee maker, some commissary items, no crew bags in the cockpit closet and added 100 lbs of permanent ballast to the cargo hold, all in an effort to eliminate the need for ballast. We rarely need to ask for it now, and it saves us time and helps us run on schedule. And we are able to get many more JSers aboard.

Ballast

Ballast... you are correct.... I was wrong.

I am sitting here in a foreign country using a foreign keyboard arranged all differently with a Foreign spell check. so it changed a few things. Anyways I think you get the point.... Im done hunting for letters on this key board....

What is Ballas?

I believe a "Balla" is street slang for pimp. It makes the post waaaay better if you have to return to the gate to pick up 200 lbs worth of pimps and load them in the bag bin.

Well smart guy, other airlines HAVE done this. Air Wisconsin got rid of the second galley coffee maker, some commissary items, no crew bags in the cockpit closet and added 100 lbs of permanent ballast to the cargo hold, all in an effort to eliminate the need for ballast. We rarely need to ask for it now, and it saves us time and helps us run on schedule. And we are able to get many more JSers aboard.

But did it save $$ ??? What was the net BOW difference??? I would bet (at the end of the day - as JP always says) either it was lower or a very negligable increase. Carrying an extra 200 - 300 lbs around all day - spread out over 100 airplanes is costly. Besides, in your case, now someone doesn't have to go looking for it last minute and load it (also a cost) - not a bad idea if the BOW goes down. We ONLY care about saving cash at the red tails.

BTW...How is Air Whiskey doing financially anyhow?

I am sitting here in a foreign country using a foreign keyboard arranged all differently with a Foreign spell check. so it changed a few things. Anyways I think you get the point.... Im done hunting for letters on this key board....

I've never tried that excuse before. Good one.

Who are you, James Bond?

J/K :laugh:

But did it save $$ ??? What was the net BOW difference??? I would bet (at the end of the day - as JP always says) either it was lower or a very negligable increase. Carrying an extra 200 - 300 lbs around all day - spread out over 100 airplanes is costly. Besides, in your case, now someone doesn't have to go looking for it last minute and load it (also a cost) - not a bad idea if the BOW goes down. We ONLY care about saving cash at the red tails.

BTW...How is Air Whiskey doing financially anyhow?

Latest resources

Back