Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DiverDriver

Welcome to The Fall.
Ok... I am NOT... repeat ... NOT trying to start a flame war. That stuff is just old and tired.

Could the Pinnacle pilots please pressure your company to add balast to the back of the plane or have sandbags available so that the cockpit JS is open again? I have been bumped because of balance issues (not weight issues) quite a few times in the past 6 months. Do you all know of anything being done to bring back a usuable cockpit JS?

And thanks for all the rides you HAVE given me over the course of my commuting life. Much appreciated.

Talk to the Captain and let him know if balance will be a problem. We can usually get it worked out if we know at least 10 minutes out. The gate agents DO NOT care if you get on.

Talk to the Captain and let him know if balance will be a problem. We can usually get it worked out if we know at least 10 minutes out. The gate agents DO NOT care if you get on.

The above is very true. I have always had 9E guys go above and beyond to get me on. The gate agents ...well that is a different story

That's kinda the problem. Some CAs HAVE known more than 30 minutes prior and I was left due to balance and "no ballast available". I find it hard to believe that all of Detroit International Airport has no balast on the B and C terminals. If it's true then could you guys please push to have more ballast available?

Could the Pinnacle pilots please pressure your company to add balast to the back of the plane or have sandbags available so that the cockpit JS is open again? I have been bumped because of balance issues (not weight issues) quite a few times in the past 6 months. Do you all know of anything being done to bring back a usuable cockpit JS?
Yeah, that'll happen...

I'm sure that's right up there at the top of Nonconnah's to-do list along with getting the Q-400 online at the lowest "competitive" wage in the industry.

It's been like that since the W&B ACARS procedure went into effect at PCL. A full boat with a light baggage load always results in a forward CG. Easiest way to pad it is to "hint" to the fueler to put an extra 1,000 pounds or so of fuel on the airplane if you're not full up in the wings.

The above is very true. I have always had 9E guys go above and beyond to get me on. The gate agents ...well that is a different story

Actually the agents have been very nice to me. They just go with what the load planner says and it's usually "no" because no ballast. I just don't understand and am looking for some help in understanding their system.

Yeah, that'll happen...

I'm sure that's right up there at the top of Nonconnah's to-do list along with getting the Q-400 online at the lowest "competitive" wage in the industry.

It's been like that since the W&B ACARS procedure went into effect at PCL. A full boat with a light baggage load always results in a forward CG. Easiest way to pad it is to "hint" to the fueler to put an extra 1,000 pounds or so of fuel on the airplane if you're not full up in the wings.

How is adding 1,000 pounds of fuel helping?

I commute out of SBN and SBN is really good about putting the ballast on but the trouble we have is with Mesaba in DTW...They are just lazy...They told me once that they would load the ballast if I went and found it...so I did and I was able to go home...That is usually what I have to do every time now

I commute out of SBN and SBN is really good about putting the ballast on but the trouble we have is with Mesaba in DTW...They are just lazy...They told me once that they would load the ballast if I went and found it...so I did and I was able to go home...That is usually what I have to do every time now

How do I go find the balast if I'm not a NW person who get on the ramp?

I personally avoid non-reving on all CRJ and ERJ 50-seat models if possible. Those friggin' things leave with empty seats more often than not due to weight and balance issues.

POS's!

Latest resources

Back