• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is Going Bye Bye!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe, a union can't protect its members from engaging in illegal activities. That makes the union complicit in said activities. You should know that. Work to rule efforts must be grass roots through and through.

Joe, a union can't protect its members from engaging in illegal activities. That makes the union complicit in said activities. You should know that. Work to rule efforts must be grass roots through and through.

.....not what I meant....If I am going to lay everything on the line, either thru work to rule and possibly losing flying, or thru a strike....I will expect to be able to start at another union carrier somewhere other than the bottom.....

Work to rule works.....but management has countered with portfolio whipsaw and losing the work.....We need a safety net or don't expect many to follow your charge up the hill.....

Easier said than done.

...never said it was easy....but don't expect many to "fall on their swords" under the current system....I know I'm not willing to fall on my sword for someone else.....You won't find many martyrs.....

when I was at 9E, I would estimate 9 out of 10 captains wouldn't directly say they tried to help the company, but would say something like "I don't see what difference me running the APU will do" or "single engine taxiing is safer" or "writing this up out of base will just hold us up longer".

Some captains start the engine, shut the APU down, and leave it shut down until at the gate. Regardless of heat/cold.

I estimate 10% of captains are on board with shutting down the company. Not going to happen.

One thing is for certain: Regional airlines aren't going to sign agreements they don't understand anymore.

They are going to demand tighter language and take a pass when necessary.

And people wonder why JA got the gates in ATL during DAL's BK problems.

I would love to of heard that meeting! Hey PNCL, ASA can do 40min turns in ATL and still get 80%+ on-time why cant you?? Plus they have to do aircraft swaps from concourse to concourse. You only have 5 planes!

Happens almost every morning when the DCI chiefs are on the phone with DAL.

The total lack of foresight for both Delta and 9E is mind-numbing. 9E has only been doing this flying for 7 months. What airline anywhere has had postive numbers that soon into a new operation? Especially at the busiest airport in the country.... seems a little fishy to me.
SkyWest.

When you get a chance, google the Ford sitdown strike. That's how a union should operate, "law" be damned.

officially posted in the pairings for march of 08 in the bid packet......ATL to TLH.....13 minutes in the air with a 15 minute turn in ATL.......yeah thats realistic on a 76 seat jet with a company who has only had a 900 program in place for less than a year.....I would LOVE to see ASA pull this off out of the C concourse....management is incompetent everywhere, not just here...but in all fairness these block times and pairings were flat out not fair and unrealistic....this is bullcrap, this company does not deserve to be classified at a Mesa level....the pilot group is trying everyday to get a contract contrary to popular belief....things are going to get ugly on Nonconnah......just hope we arent forced to cut anyone.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back