Pinnacle Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
Great attitude, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Hope you enjoy Pinnacle, it's a good place to build some time!

thanks, I am excited to be here and have been working hard so far, as has everyone in my class thus far.

MarineGrunt said:
As long as we're at it I have a few more Q's:

1) How is life for the commuters? If hired, I'd be doing 1 leg and 1 time zone.

Commuting is gonna suck whoever you work for. I dont know how commutable the lines are,but 1 leg and 1 timezone should help. 2 things that do help are, we are on CASS and we do have a commuter clause.

good luck. Like the others have said. the Crews are great, though you do fly with a lot of bitter capts. ha. Because the company hasnt been to great to its pilots. Once you get off reserve, hold a line and never really have to deal with crew scheduling, life gets a lot better.

Commuting: Agreed, it is really going to be painful. Try to move to your base if anyway possible.

Junior base: This changes often. Do not make the mistake of planning on “today’s junior base”. I made this mistake myself and it cost me six months of commuting.

Upgrade: I am very sure that the two-year upgrade is unrealistic. I think three to four is more likely. I keep hearing about this 40 per month attrition rate but it is just not the case. I moved up 15 numbers this month.

Average hours: My class average was 3000TT. I had 1600.

Be prepared to work your tail off for very little compensation. In return, you will learn how to fly a jet in and out of tons of airports in all types of weather conditions from some very professional captains. In my opinion, things could be a whole lot worse than this place.

Good luck,
T.G.

2 years is realistic presently... 10 CA resigned in the last 7 days, a few more are right around the corner.

The 2 years simply means that those heading to class were hired in '04 and that would be realistic right now. Once the attrition slows down, I would expect the upgrade to climb back up. I think the last awarded CA was in the 720's out of 1100 pilots. That pilot was hired in the Summer of '04

Lear70 said:
Oh well, one last screw-job from PCL... :D :D :D

So you're leaving the same way you came in. Nice. (Wink,wink,nudge,nudge, say no more, say no more.) Plan on getting drug tested too. Gonna miss you bro. Have fun at the next stop and don't forget about the rest of us trying like crazy to get out.

Rook

anybody have any advice on how to succeed on the systems test in ground school?

Rook said:
So you're leaving the same way you came in. Nice. (Wink,wink,nudge,nudge, say no more, say no more.) Plan on getting drug tested too. Gonna miss you bro. Have fun at the next stop and don't forget about the rest of us trying like crazy to get out.

Rook
Buddy, don't you worry. You're first on my list if you want in on the Tranny action!

They're taking resumes from guys when they first show up to class and matching them with online applications and stuff then calling them for interviews. You want some of that action? :)

As far as "going out how I came in?" I'm not saying NUTTIN about THAT! :D

Good news is I already did the drug test in advance, so I'm good to go!

bgeist said:
anybody have any advice on how to succeed on the systems test in ground school?
Study. :)

Seriously, isn't there still a gouge floating out there somewhere? I have like 20 pages of notes on written and oral test gouge, I should probably mail it to someone. ;)

dondk said:
2 years is realistic presently... 10 CA resigned in the last 7 days, a few more are right around the corner.

The 2 years simply means that those heading to class were hired in '04 and that would be realistic right now. Once the attrition slows down, I would expect the upgrade to climb back up. I think the last awarded CA was in the 720's out of 1100 pilots. That pilot was hired in the Summer of '04

Their is still only 1100 pilots there? When I was hired there a year ago that's what the list was at. Most of the attrition was from the bottom of the list, those that had time and were lied to when we were hired. The last CA on the list was in the class just before mine in Feb. 05. I am glad I got out and was able to screw them once for all the times they screwed me, it made me fell good to leave. My recommendation stay away from pinchnikle you can make more money flight instructing

Lear70 said:
Study. :)

Seriously, isn't there still a gouge floating out there somewhere? I have like 20 pages of notes on written and oral test gouge, I should probably mail it to someone. ;)

oh I've been studying, but I don't want to leave anything to chance.

I have been looknig for gouges, no one is helping me out though...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back