Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Detroitpilot22

AvroGuy said:
Don't go there unless you are ready to be treated like a slave. I didn't work there but I did work for the other Airlink. Work rules at 9e are not that good. Let tankcommander(9e right or are you xj) comment on the state of the company. Me personally, I wouldn't go even if it was the only company hiring. Just my thought.

You know, it cracks me up when you Mesaba guys bash our company. I will admit this place needs some work, but your place is not exactly the place to be lately as well. Thats why some of us pinnacle guys were there to support you at the ralleys that were recently held. So instead of bashing each other, maybe we can support each other.

Lost 5 pilots today, 2 to terminations, 3 resigned. About 40 so far this month at the current rate.

It's a good place to build time and get out, as long as you ignore the b.s. and don't get too into the crap they throw at you, the people you fly with are good and you'll have a good time.

Good luck!

Has anyone recently had an interview with Pinnacle, and if they have any new gouge to add, or tips for the interview process?

Thanks.

Detroitpilot22 said:
You know, it cracks me up when you Mesaba guys bash our company. I will admit this place needs some work, but your place is not exactly the place to be lately as well. Thats why some of us pinnacle guys were there to support you at the ralleys that were recently held. So instead of bashing each other, maybe we can support each other.

You were there to support the pilot group or the company. there is a difference. I didn't say anything bad about the pilot group. My comments were on the company. And so you know, I wouildn't recommend Mesaba to anyone right now. If mgmt gets what they want, I would sooner recommend Mesa as to Mesaba.

Any way I don't work there any more. What I typed is what your fellow 9e pilots told me.

If this makes you feel better, I think the pilot group as a whole is just fine. Most are. BUT as in any pilot group, you will have some bad individuals that make the pilot group look bad. I was not bashing your pilot group, I was bashing your company and its work rules. Look at your attrition rate, what does that say about your company or look at what one of your own says about the company. Like I said earlier, I am not bashing the pilot group, it is the company you work for.

Last edited:
Don't go there unless you are ready to be treated like a slave. I didn't work there but I did work for the other Airlink. Work rules at 9e are not that good. Let tankcommander(9e right or are you xj) comment on the state of the company. Me personally, I wouldn't go even if it was the only company hiring. Just my thought.

I work here and I could knock the company... but I got better things to do...

The stuff on aviationinterviews is accurate.

With the exceptions of...
we are only accepting about 1/3 of those who interview, the other 2/3 are sent packing.
If you live near one of the domiciles it will not be too bad, movement is swift with us losing about a pilot per day to attrition.

Just make sure you have no skeletons and your odd's improve for getting hired.

Is most of the attrition still from the bottom quarter of the list? Last I heard we are losing new hire Fo's almost faster than we can train them.

Oh and Upgrades have slowed way down to a trickle

actually it is a mix... it is about 40/60 presently. Those FO's that are bolting tend to be the bottom 20% give or take.

Upgrades are a different story, really cannot get a handle on what the company is doing. We are losing CA's at a rate beyond what we can train. Although we still have a lot of CA's on reserve system wide. I would guess come the usual summer rush, upgrades "should" pick up.

Anyone know what the current upgrades are running? Airlinepilotcentral.com says most junior captin hired April or 2005, but I've been hearing 5 years on this forum.

Latest resources

Back