Pinnacle Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
finnjl said:
just for your info....reserve is more like a year....I am not sure where people are getting 2 to 3 months.....I have been here seven months and I held a line in March in DTW but back on reserve for April.....the lines vary significately at this company month to month so it is hard to predict....and by the way if you want to live in DTW or MEM this company is not too bad....there are a lot of better regionals to go to....work rules are not the best...company mgt. has a fire first attitude toward pilots...for example you can screw up big time, probably almost crash an airplane and nothing will happen but refuse an extension , call in sick, no show, etc. they will find a way to fire you (I think the director of Flight ops or even the CEO did the last firings for trip refusuals...I thought that was weird for a CEO to be involved in something like that)....I guess if this is the first airline you worked for it is not that bad but when you have seen better you are just doing your time until you can get something else lined up.....the worst part the quick upgrade to captain does not exist....always hard to predict but I would say 3-4 years as an FO with substandard wages....the captain pay is on par with the rest of the industry but FO pay is lacking and the contract is far from finished....I would estimate at least 2-3 years depending on what happens....who knows NW may grow compass and get rid of Pinnacle and Mesaba....they seem to do weird things around here

Reserve varies, I will say that. Many of those on reserve now came on board in Nov. They lived through the low months of Dec-mar (which every airline has) and will start to lines in a month or so. Those hired in the last month or two will see little reserve as the line increase due to increased flying. The lines are not that hard to predict if you have been here better than a year. We have a few lulls every year and a few months that just... well suck.

The work rules for reserves are horrible, for line pilots it is barely acceptable. You make what you want out of it, just as with any job. Mgmt runs hot and cold depending on what they need or want.

Discipline varies with the offense, you are a screw up they don't give too many chances. You screw up and take ownership they work with you. Your an a$$, they treat you the same. Attitude is our biggest problem at this company.

Contract is a lot further than published... pay should increase for FO's (other than 1st year). The other problem we have is the lack of communication and the lack of involvement by many pilots. Many like to whine, but don't take action to fix issue's.

Upgrade... 3 years is a fair estimate. If anyone is looking for the street Captain position, that closed better than a year ago.

If anyone chooses Pinnacle, just remember we are a regional and nothing else. If your looking for major pay and major work rules, apply to CAL.

Latest resources

Back