• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's because we hired street Captains again this time last year, mostly furloughed Indy Air guys, that's where the April '05 CA comes from.

Most junior CA on the last award was in the low 700's of about 1,200 ACTIVE pilots on the seniority list (a lot on the list are on long-term medical, military, or Association leave / vacation / etc). I think his seniority date was early '04, so about 2 years.

I look for that to stay the same or even drop slightly under 2 years with all the attrition we're facing. The company hasn't woken up and smelled the vacuum of 20+ Captains per month quitting - my phone rings on every day off I have just about for a Junior Assignment this last month. Those "faster" upgrades probably won't last past the summer though, depending on how many pilots keep leaving.

Too many variables to predict long-term, whether we get more aircraft or lose some we already have with the RFP, whether the new contract they're claiming to "probably" have a T.A. on by the end of the year is something we can live with and the mass exodus out the door slows, whether the terminations slow, etc.

If you come here I wouldn't "plan" on upgrading any less than 3 years from DOH, maybe 4. That way you won't be disappointed. :)

Good luck,

Last edited:
Thanks Lear. My interview is sometime in April, so maybe I will see you soon....

MarineGrunt said:
Thanks Lear. My interview is sometime in April, so maybe I will see you soon....
No offense (truly), but fortunately... nope. You won't see me. :D

I got a better job, put in my 2 week's notice on Monday. My last flying day is April Fool's Day! ;)

Good luck to you, it's a decent place to build time, a good airplane, GREAT crews to work with, if we could just fix senior management, it'd be a FANTASTIC place to work! :uzi:

:p

Lear70 said:
No offense (truly), but fortunately... nope. You won't see me. :D

I got a better job, put in my 2 week's notice on Monday. My last flying day is April Fool's Day! ;)

Good luck to you, it's a decent place to build time, a good airplane, GREAT crews to work with, if we could just fix senior management, it'd be a FANTASTIC place to work! :uzi:

:p

congrats on the new job...!!!

Lear70 said:
Thanks Mark, I'm really psyched to be moving on, can't WAIT!!! :D

NYC, depends... GIA or non-GIA?

non-GIA. Just the avg. CFI off the street with scraps of ME and less than 1000 TT.

As long as we're at it I have a few more Q's:

1) How is life for the commuters? If hired, I'd be doing 1 leg and 1 time zone.
2) How long are you on reserve?
3) What is the junior base?

MarineGrunt said:
As long as we're at it I have a few more Q's:

1) How is life for the commuters? If hired, I'd be doing 1 leg and 1 time zone.
2) How long are you on reserve?
3) What is the junior base?

1. It depends where you commute to, but as reserve it suxs big ass 2 off 5 on 3 off 5 on ect.. and now a days I hear its 7am-7pm reserve all 5 days not like the old where first day was late reserve and fifth day was early reserve.

2. Depends on the flying and on the bases. Like MSP reserve looks a little long...also for MEM... but detroit it is hit or miss. For March not enough FO to cover the lines. In the summer more flying so Reserve is slimm but winter it could be long

3. DTW...but all three bases are easy to get. You might just have to have a month or two until u get what you want.

BOHICAgain said:
1. It depends where you commute to, but as reserve it suxs big ass 2 off 5 on 3 off 5 on ect.. and now a days I hear its 7am-7pm reserve all 5 days not like the old where first day was late reserve and fifth day was early reserve.
Careful what you ask for. On the "old system" all 5 days were 9 hours at the airport on ready reserve. For ALL the reserve pilots. It sucked. Worse than now. Trust me on this one, I did it for 3 years.

He's right about where you commute from/to, and as a line holder it gets even more interesting on commuting.

2. Depends on the flying and on the bases. Like MSP reserve looks a little long...also for MEM... but detroit it is hit or miss. For March not enough FO to cover the lines. In the summer more flying so Reserve is slimm but winter it could be long
All 3 bases are going about the same time on reserve, 4-6 months unless the f/o attrition rate keeps up, then only 2 or 3.

3. DTW...but all three bases are easy to get. You might just have to have a month or two until u get what you want.
What he said.

Average times for CFI's and such are going 1,500 to 2,000 hours total and minimum multi required. Average times for freighter guys (310's, etc) are going about 2,000 - 2,500. Probably more of an experience range than anything else, just timing and having an extra 2 or 3 years before deciding that a regional is the way to go for the freighter guy thinking he's gonna get into a Lear or something soon.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back