• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle gets TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You will be able to refuse JA similar to how we can refuse extensions now.
I don't know if I would go THAT far.

Prior to LOA 05-03 you had unlimited extension refusals, that was given up for ASAP and FOQA.

The highlights are down to 2 days per month and down to 9 days per year (from current LOA 03-01).

Anything over 48 hours is now fair game. A pilot must CONSENT is now there:rolleyes:(like that means anything), with the allowance to decline 1 per month or 6 in a year. Although, if you exceed that, absent compelling reasons you are looking at a LOW.

Right now you have unlimited JA refusals under 72 hours. JA's refusals were given up for what?

I never understood why give up something that is unlimited to something that is now limited.

Prior to LOA 05-03 you had unlimited extension refusals, that was given up for ASAP and FOQA.

You had to give stuff up to get some well-proven safety programs that benefit the company as much if not more than they benefit you? Your management sucks!

Correction to my post.

Currently you cannot "refuse" a JA, you can be unavailable (unlimited times) for a JA less than 72 hours. The new language now allows for an outright refusal.

It was a all or none deal, 3 LOA's as a package. ASAP and FOQA were desired by the union, extension language by the company. The ASAP program has been pulled by the union a few times. Mgmt has stated they would love to see it go away. Raw FOQA data was used to fire a pilot about a year ago.

Basically all of those LOA's could be considered a failure.

Correction to my post.

Currently you cannot "refuse" a JA, you can be unavailable (unlimited times) for a JA less than 72 hours. The new language now allows for an outright refusal.

It was a all or none deal, 3 LOA's as a package. ASAP and FOQA were desired by the union, extension language by the company. The ASAP program has been pulled by the union a few times. Mgmt has stated they would love to see it go away. Raw FOQA data was used to fire a pilot about a year ago.

Basically all of those LOA's could be considered a failure.

ASAP and FOQA are about to be required by the FAA. Glad your union fought for that one! ASA signed a contract and then worried about dealing with ASAP, which BTW benefits the company as much as the pilots.

will i get more than 11 days off every month?

and anything more than a 10 hour overnight?

You apparently don't work for PCL!! I guess you didn't hear the CEO before congress stating that the average days off are 16 days and that they have crew schedulers work with the pilots creating trips that provide for adequate rest! I have a feeling you are jealous and were probably turned down by PCL and would love to work there!

Isn't that the point of reserves though??

No, that is absolutely not the point of reserves. If any union treats a segment as "less than" or "second class" or "available for outright abuse", that union opens itself up to equal protection action.

Reserves have every same right to QOL, pay, and safe scheduling as any other pilot. Period.

Latest resources

Back