Pinnacle gets TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate Pinchnickel. Way to raise the bar guys

First of all, it's Pinch-a-nickel. You know, like, Pinn-a-cle. Pinch-a-nickel. You see the pattern, right? It sounds better too, doesn't it? Sorta rolls off the tongue. Pinchanickel. If you're gonna bash us, at least get the nickname right. Or at least come up with something new that the entire industry hasn't already heard of.

As for bars, what bar have you raised lately? Care to brag? I'm sure we all want to know.

To all the legitimate posters in this thread, I apologize, I just had to do it. I know it was 3 pages ago, but I couldn't leave it alone. Carry on.

From the looks of his posts, WG has been a supporter of the new TA. Same for the other recall in MEM. I'm thinking the rest of the MEC hates the new TA and this is their way of getting the whole MEC on the same page on what a new contract should have.

Higney, where are you? Shed some light on this, please.

From the looks of his posts, WG has been a supporter of the new TA. Same for the other recall in MEM. I'm thinking the rest of the MEC hates the new TA and this is their way of getting the whole MEC on the same page on what a new contract should have.

Higney, where are you? Shed some light on this, please.

The irony to this... the MEC has known what the TA consists of. The infighting is either pushing it to the pilots and looking for the scapegoat or killing it before it gets to the pilot group and still looking for the scapegoat.

Someone had to be sacrificed for the sub par TA. I am surprised they are doing it to the MEM guys. I wonder who brought forward the resolution to recall WG.

How's this? Pe-nis-hole.

Put up the TA and we'll see.

what does putting up the TA have to do with it? it has been widely speculated that it is not earth shattering. In addition, 99% of the pilot group had nothing to do with the TA, it is a product of 5 years of negotiating with a company that could care less if it goes another 5 years. C'mon, if the company wanted to settle, it would have been done years ago.

bash the company if you want, no need to bash the pilots, they have endured more than anyone else ever will (with the exception of maybe Mesa and Go Jets and I am sure a few others)

bash the company if you want, no need to bash the pilots, they have endured more than anyone else ever will (with the exception of maybe Mesa and Go Jets and I am sure a few others)

Whatever. Along with TSA, XJet, Comair, ASA, etc. Cry me a river.

You were the one challenging someone about raising the bar. With what I've heard (rumor only) your MEC may have set a new low. It doesn't take much to raise the bar when your group is looking to lower the standard.

Last edited:
Whatever. Along with TSA, XJet, Comair, ASA, etc. Cry me a river.

You were the one challenging someone about raising the bar. With what I've heard (rumor only) your MEC may have set a new low. It doesn't take much to raise the bar when your group is looking to lower the standard.

If the TA is not up to par it will not pass the pilot group. It already is very unlikely for it to even make it past the MEC. Happy now?

If the TA is not up to par it will not pass the pilot group. It already is very unlikely for it to even make it past the MEC. Happy now?
It is what it is. Just this talk about "raising the bar" gets rather tiresome. Plenty of folks pay great lip service to it but when push comes to shove and management dangles airframes, most pilot groups seem to cave on command.

I doubt any of this will matter in about two years when the regionals have drained the entire pilot pool. There will incentive to attract new and pilots from other companies. It may get rather interesting. The 65 rule only applied a temp fix to what the airlines KNOW will be a huge problem in the future. Until then, my company sucks and your company sucks more. Happy now?

It is what it is. Just this talk about "raising the bar" gets rather tiresome. Plenty of folks pay great lip service to it but when push comes to shove and management dangles airframes, most pilot groups seem to cave on command.

I doubt any of this will matter in about two years when the regionals have drained the entire pilot pool. There will incentive to attract new and pilots from other companies. It may get rather interesting. The 65 rule only applied a temp fix to what the airlines KNOW will be a huge problem in the future. Until then, my company sucks and your company sucks more. Happy now?

I do agree with you on your first paragraph... however the guys that I know that are still there are some of the most pissed off and frustrated pilot groups I've ever seen. The improvements in the contract that have been leaked really aren't improvements... small raises in hourly rates, still 10 days off for reserves, then there's the signing bonus debacle. There's really nothing in it for them to sign the contract from what I'm hearing.

The way hiring will be done in the future will be interesting...although the regionals have been "right sized" in a lot of ways. We'll see if congress does this 1500 hour thing. That will be a true game changer for the bottom feeder recruitment. We'll see if congress and the FAA buckle to the pressure of the ATA...

Your company probably sucks more than mine as I've moved on to greener pastures, haha. And yes, I am happy now. :)

what does putting up the TA have to do with it? it has been widely speculated that it is not earth shattering. In addition, 99% of the pilot group had nothing to do with the TA, it is a product of 5 years of negotiating with a company that could care less if it goes another 5 years. C'mon, if the company wanted to settle, it would have been done years ago.

The company has no motivation because you have not given them any. Why would they care about giving you anything that makes your life better? You PCL pilots keep doing all that you can do for a company that doesn't care about you, but reaps the rewards from your efforts. Every day that they don't have to deal with a new contract is a day that they save money. XJT was the last group to really get retro pay. ASA shouldn't have settled for the "signing bonus" that they did, but I'd bet it was better than what PCL is looking at.

Latest resources

Back