Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle finally gets fair with AA over jumpseating..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IOW, it's only OK for the mainliners to make threats and treat people like ********************, because you fly real airplanes, right?

BTW, were you aware that Pinnacle pilots are also in negotiations? Or are your negotiations better than their negotiations?

Actually according to my friend over there, it is the Pinnacle Pilots who will pull the plug on our reciprocal jumpseat agreement, later this fall if they do not get what they want. At this point whatever, like one of your pilots said. I don't care anymore.

I am very aware that you are in negotiations, and truly hope you get a great contract.

I have seen pilots work against each other and in the end both parties are unhappy. No threats on this end just explaining it as I have seen it in the past.

Where in the world did I say anything about real airplanes? A C-172 is a real airplane. The only reason I am here and you are there is my age and timing... If that is your way of sticking it me in your post and it makes you feel better, good for you.

I am done with this thread. I wish you all the best.

AAflyer "former commuter,regional, supplemental pilot who is not better than anyone else"

I am not going to take it up with anyone, I don't jumpseat on Pinnacle anymore.

I read the letter very carefully. I am also reading a bunch of posters get giddying about sticking it to AA pilots on their jumpseat.

AA

Maybe you should read some of the other posts on here, I love the one calling the AA FO a biaatch.

Some classy guys you have over there.

deleted......

Last edited:
Actually according to my friend over there, it is the Pinnacle Pilots who will pull the plug on our reciprocal jumpseat agreement, later this fall if they do not get what they want. At this point whatever, like one of your pilots said. I don't care anymore.

I am very aware that you are in negotiations, and truly hope you get a great contract.

I have seen pilots work against each other and in the end both parties are unhappy. No threats on this end just explaining it as I have seen it in the past.

Where in the world did I say anything about real airplanes? A C-172 is a real airplane. The only reason I am here and you are there is my age and timing... If that is your way of sticking it me in your post and it makes you feel better, good for you.

I am done with this thread. I wish you all the best.

AAflyer "former commuter,regional, supplemental pilot who is not better than anyone else"

For the record, I'm not a Pinnacle pilot, I'm just tired of hearing how a mainliner's problem is always worse than an RJ guy's problem.

Once again the scrimp Dick Pinnacle pilots show why they are the sewer of the industry. Having this discussion on an anonymous board - Scrimp. Thinking that leaving people behind proves anything - Scrimp.

At this point with all the BS you airline pucks have to deal with seems screwing you buddy would be low on the list.

I concur – our company will not fly on Pinnacle.

I really don't see the need for all the emotion.

Company P offers unlimited jumpseats to Company A, yet Company A does not reciprocate after years of requests. Company P, tired of their pilots being left behind due to Company A's policies, decides to restrict the benefit provided to Company A to the exact same policy Company A provides them.

And somehow, this newfound equality is starting "a war"?

This is the exact same nonsense BS that went on when UAX pilots sent a letter to the UAL MEC asking them to get their jumpseat priority straightened out last year...UAL pilots jumped up and down and cried bloody hell and made all sorts of threats toward UAX pilots, talking about how they weren't in control but management was and that "this will hurt you more than it will us", when all those UAX pilots wanted was the same benefit from UAL pilots that they were provided.

Some of you people really need to stop acting so butthurt when the playing field gets leveled, and work TOGETHER for everyone's mutual benefit.

I really don't see the need for all the emotion.

Company P offers unlimited jumpseats to Company A, yet Company A does not reciprocate after years of requests. Company P, tired of their pilots being left behind due to Company A's policies, decides to restrict the benefit provided to Company A to the exact same policy Company A provides them.

And somehow, this newfound equality is starting "a war"?

Agreed...

This is the exact same nonsense BS that went on when UAX pilots sent a letter to the UAL MEC asking them to get their jumpseat priority straightened out last year...UAL pilots jumped up and down and cried bloody hell and made all sorts of threats toward UAX pilots, talking about how they weren't in control but management was and that "this will hurt you more than it will us", when all those UAX pilots wanted was the same benefit from UAL pilots that they were provided.

Not true....

The issue at UAL was not that the UAL pilots refused reciprocity....

It was a software issue with Apollo. The UAX pilots expected the UAL pilots to solve the problem for them... instead of the UAX pilots getting together and working with the UAL pilots to confront UAL IT dept, the UAX pilots threaten the UAL pilots...

Much different than the APA pilots providing unlimited to one regional pilots group and not affording the same to another....

Last edited:
Agreed...

Not true....

The issue at UAL was not that the UAL pilots refused reciprocity....

It was a software issue with Apollo. The UAX pilots expected the UAL pilots to solve the problem for them... instead of the UAX pilots getting together and working with the UAL pilots to confront UAL IT dept, the UAX pilots threaten the UAL pilots...
The UAX jumpseat coordinators tried for quite some time to get the UAL Pilots (By pilots I mean jumpseat commitee types, as by and large the average UAL pilot had no clue this was going on) to work with their company to fix the problem. The UAL pilots had no real reason to cooperate, as the status quo benefitted them. So, the didn't put forth any effort to fix the problem till it started to negativly impact them. After the UAX pilots took measured action, the non-commuting UAL JS coordinator took heat from the average line pilots at UAL. The problem was then quickly solved.

Much different than the APA pilots providing unlimited to one regional pilots group and not affording the same to another..

While the problem may not be the same, the cure is identical. Simply, make the average AA pilot aware of the situation, perhaps by making them miss out on a ride to/from work. They will let the JS coordinator know their displeasure. JSC will then lean on AMR to fix the problem.

The UAX jumpseat coordinators tried for quite some time to get the UAL Pilots (By pilots I mean jumpseat commitee types, as by and large the average UAL pilot had no clue this was going on) to work with their company to fix the problem. The UAL pilots had no real reason to cooperate, as the status quo benefitted them.

Explain why the UAL pilots were obligated to do anything. Where was the UAL pilots responsibility?

This was an issue between the regional carriers, regional pilots and their contract company.

So, the didn't put forth any effort to fix the problem till it started to negativly impact them. After the UAX pilots took measured action, the non-commuting UAL JS coordinator took heat from the average line pilots at UAL. The problem was then quickly solved.

No, the UAL coordinator did not take heat from line pilots... The UAX pilots simply used an unprofessional tactic and the UAL pilots to get what they wanted from UAL corp.

While the problem may not be the same, the cure is identical. Simply, make the average AA pilot aware of the situation, perhaps by making them miss out on a ride to/from work. They will let the JS coordinator know their displeasure. JSC will then lean on AMR to fix the problem.

Doubt it.... but we'll see...

Rez, I'm kinda surprised you think pilots who seek 'self-help' to compel issue resolution is "unprofessional".

Latest resources

Back