Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle finally gets fair with AA over jumpseating..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
APA pilots-

When I was a jumpseat chairman a few years ago there were problems. You guys are worse than the DAL guys getting unlimited on CMR and ASA only to have this childish one jumpseat one jumpseater rule in return....

It all comes down to this.....

How much negotiating capital do you want to use on an industry standard jumpseat agreement....

It really rubs regional guys against the grain when you can fly open time making extra cabbage and still make your kids dance recital, knowing you can use unlimited on a CRJ, whereas, the regional guy can't pick up open time or misses Johnny's ball game or both because he knows the AA chances are slim...

Quit spending negotiating capital on yourselves while gaining benefits from others. The lame excuses like "its out of our hands" are weak.

Get your house in order....

Who actually makes the decision on "unlimited" vs. "single" jumpseat access? The company or the jumpseat chair?

If it's the chair, they should be replaced. There is no reason why we all don't have unlimited jumpseat access IMO. It benefits all of us in the end. Pilots get to where they need to be, and crews have an extra crewmember in the cabin should some sort of an emergency occur.

APA pilots-

When I was a jumpseat chairman a few years ago there were problems. You guys are worse than the DAL guys getting unlimited on CMR and ASA only to have this childish one jumpseat one jumpseater rule in return....

It all comes down to this.....

How much negotiating capital do you want to use on an industry standard jumpseat agreement....

It really rubs regional guys against the grain when you can fly open time making extra cabbage and still make your kids dance recital, knowing you can use unlimited on a CRJ, whereas, the regional guy can't pick up open time or misses Johnny's ball game or both because he knows the AA chances are slim...

Quit spending negotiating capital on yourselves while gaining benefits from others. The lame excuses like "its out of our hands" are weak.

Get your house in order....

Get our house in order, that is rich coming from an ALPA pilot.

Lastly no one should rely on another airline to make little Johnny's ball game. I don't care what agreement is in place with what airline. 5 airlines later i will not live in a place that does not have service one my airline as I will not deal with the said bull********************..It sucks, it precludes me from living where I really want to.

I flew 68 hours last month. AA pilots are capped at 78 + a maximum of 5 hours, not flying to the FARS like most ALPA carriers.

AA

Don't through rocks while you live in your glass house.

Who actually makes the decision on "unlimited" vs. "single" jumpseat access? The company or the jumpseat chair?

If it's the chair, they should be replaced. There is no reason why we all don't have unlimited jumpseat access IMO. It benefits all of us in the end. Pilots get to where they need to be, and crews have an extra crewmember in the cabin should some sort of an emergency occur.

It is the company.

AA

We aren't doing anything to AA pilots. We're just making it a reciprocal JS, instead of the current unfair situation.

I understand. Wasn't sure who was making the decisions on the matter to begin with. Good luck. Hope everybdy enjoys unlimited JS.

It is a company decision that is made at the urging of their local pilot representatives. Without the urging they would not have jumpseaters at all because it costs money to haul extra bodies around. American gives unlimited access to many other regionals that are very comparable to PCL. They choose to discriminate against PCL and other carriers they don't deem to be "valuable".

Latest resources

Back