Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle finally gets fair with AA over jumpseating..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I commute on AA every time I go to and from work. Their pilots have been nothing but extremely helpful in getting me on. I just call the nonrev number and list the jumpseat. The captain always tries to get me first class and if he cant, and I am in the back or the jumpseat, he/she will at least get me a free hot meal. Granted I dont work for Pinnacle but I really appreciate how great AA pilots have been to me.

Glad you have good experiences. For the most part that is usually what I hear.

AA

The thing is, you can't depend on jumpseating on AA because most flights to popular destinations will have at least one jumpseater. So you don't even bother using it in the first place. Add to that, they don't allow international JS. So for me as a 9E pilot, the AA jumpseat is essentially worthless and if things don't change I'd be happy if we terminated it all together until things become fair.

The thing is, you can't depend on jumpseating on AA because most flights to popular destinations will have at least one jumpseater. So you don't even bother using it in the first place. Add to that, they don't allow international JS. So for me as a 9E pilot, the AA jumpseat is essentially worthless and if things don't change I'd be happy if we terminated it all together.

That's just stupid. American is very valuable for jumpseaters. Despite my previous story, I have jumpseated on American working for another company, no problem. Crews were very cool, and hooked me up with food, and drinks each time, basically forcing it on me.

I guess it has a lot to do with how you present yourself, and where you work.

The thing is, you can't depend on jumpseating on AA because most flights to popular destinations will have at least one jumpseater. So you don't even bother using it in the first place. Add to that, they don't allow international JS. So for me as a 9E pilot, the AA jumpseat is essentially worthless and if things don't change I'd be happy if we terminated it all together until things become fair.

I commute on AA out of MEM, I have seen their pilots bust their ass to get some of your guys on flights. I am sure a large majority of AA pilots could give a ******************** if it was terminated as well. However I am sure there are pilots at both companies that do not agree with your "selfish" me statements.
Thanks for the rides AA guys, your always welcome on purple.

Loco

I commute on AA out of MEM, I have seen their pilots bust their ass to get some of your guys on flights. I am sure a large majority of AA pilots could give a ******************** if it was terminated as well. However I am sure there are pilots at both companies that do not agree with your "selfish" me statements.
Thanks for the rides AA guys, your always welcome on purple.

Loco

There is no way to bust ass to get us on an AA flight if there is already another offline jumpseater. The computer simply will not let it happen, no matter how much the captain would like it to.

I get left behind at least twice a month on my commute. It's f++++ing recockulous.

When I explain to the pilots the situation, they are surprised and act like it is the first they have heard of it. So AA flyer don't act like you guys care that much. If you did, more pilots would know about your limited vs. unlimited policy.

There is no way to bust ass to get us on an AA flight if there is already another offline jumpseater. The computer simply will not let it happen, no matter how much the captain would like it to.

Bull******************** again.. I was the offline guy with the Pinnacle guy.. I had listed first, however we ended taking me off, listing the PCL guy first, and then me..The AA Captain coordinated on all this. We both sat in First to DFW..... Go ahead keep ********************ting on them...

By the way since you are on the jumpseat rampage, pass a memo along to your crews when you enter a cockpit, you "request" to ride the jumpseat. Not tell them you are the jumpseater....

Twice this has occured in the past 2 months.

Loco

Loco

I am an eagle guy, when we used to do memphis turns on the crj. pcl guys would come up and tell us they were sitting in the back like it was their god given right. One didn't even come up and introduce themselves until we got to chicago. There was plenty of seats and we weren't bothered but don't complain about how AA acts when your guy didn't even ask to ride until after the fact. We were stunned when the guy came up at the end, because its not like we were so busy he couldn't have popped in. Oh well that is my rant. Come one come all.

By the way, flew a domestic trip the other day, and we took a Pinnacle Captain. I explained to him what we were up against. I guess under your philosophy we should have left him at the gate.

The jumpseat falling prey to politics once again. Not to mention some of the pilots that have been pushing this for you are the same ones you will harm. Like I said earlier, I know we have enough guys here that will retaliate like you have.

AAflyer

P.S> I do not jumpseat on Pinnacle.

So what was the APA's excuse three years ago when you first started discriminating against us? Remember, we are only changing our jumpseat policy to reflect the benefits offered to Pinnacle pilots on American. This should not be viewed as Pinnacle pilots taking political action against American pilots because we are only upholding the meaning behind a "reciprocal" agreement. If American pilots feel like they are being slighted against you are showing the world why it is that nobody likes you.

So what was the APA's excuse three years ago when you first started discriminating against us? Remember, we are only changing our jumpseat policy to reflect the benefits offered to Pinnacle pilots on American. This should not be viewed as Pinnacle pilots taking political action against American pilots because we are only upholding the meaning behind a "reciprocal" agreement. If American pilots feel like they are being slighted against you are showing the world why it is that nobody likes you.

Oh, so now we purposely set out to discriminate against Pinnacle pilots. Wow. AA management ends up approving the jumpseat and what they are given. I am sure you can relate to working with management on things. Like your current contract. They do as you say right?

I don't think what you are doing is wrong, heck I think it is fair. I just got the impression from some they were going to get off on this, and in way some try to punish people that have no control over this. I have heard from a friend over the thought from the union was if enough AA guys complain to management they will change it. Management is taking prisoners over here, they could care less what we want.

Lastly, haven't passed grade school yet with words like all, hate, and everyone. Everyone hates us, really everyone?

Hmm, friends at Pinnacle, DAL, UAL,FDX,UPS, Eagle... Maybe they are all faking it.

AA

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back