• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Files for Bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh? If there was no JCBA and integrated seniority list ALL the CJC Pilots would be facing the unemployment lines like the CJC FA's are facing.

Furthermore, the Q400 Contract was what really caused the Chapter 11 filing. Why would Delta help Pinnacle out to finance the Q400 Operation?

Man... That's a good question bro. I hadn't thought of that one.

Just want to pass along that if any Pinnacle guys are looking to jump ship Bombardier has been hiring corporate shuttle pilots like crazy. CL65 Type preferred. Good luck to everybody at Pinnacle.

A couple of things. I was chastising Flyer-not even a pinnacle pilot for his wrong idiotic ideas and misguided views of the past. If you read in my statement, I think we need to stand together and fight as one-just as Mesaba did in the last bankruptcy (sham number two we are in right?). He moved on from 9E so maybe he should move on from these boards as well and stay with his Virgin boards. Flyer-seriously you are not helping. keep your opinions to your own company.

As for the boards, I have never said anything I would not say to any person in a crewroom, alpa meeting, nor in a bankruptcy courtroom. I am very sure others cannot say that they hold themselves to a standard as they hide behind their monniker. Our union will be fighting against the will of Delta, the bias labor laws the courts bring to the game, and a divided pilot group facing an uncertain future.

Richard Anderson forced Mesaba into bankruptcy the last time and I am sure he had a plan to use bankruptcy to cheapen, aquire, grow, and then profit from Mesaba. he had hurdles that he had to get by-get rid of Mair holdings (United contract), cheapen the labor price and scare the pilots into accepting their fate (loss of contract and A/C in bankruptcy), Get relief from NWA pilots by createing Compass and calling those positions "NWA seats" and creating a flow. He effectively increased his 76 seat cheap lift. What will he do that is comprable? Create a B scale maybe? Move all the 900's to that B scale and order crj 1000's to fly along side of them? You must remember that the rumors are that Delta asked their pilots to enter in early negotiations. this is not a coincidence people!

so you are telling me that while delta was taking planes from 9E before they forced Pinnacle to buy Mesaba that they would have awarded new flying to Pinnacle even though they were taking planes away from them for poor performance? Laughable what if scenario.

It really does not matter. The only people at mesaba who are not worse off than they were if we were independent of 9E are the top 25%. But even they do not like how the company is being run into the ground. The chances of losing their jobs for management ineptness and terrible company culture is greater now than ever before. Losing the Saabs is far better scenario than losing the saabs, getting screwed on SLI (by ALPA's Block), having people with less than 1/2 my longevity get a better seniority because they had as ALPA and Block saw them as having a better career potential than us! wow, so that does not say much for our ALPA financial experts huh? Okay back to my list-losing the Q's, losing company 900's, losing colgan Saabs. Then losing XJ reserve language. dealing with Shell in crew scheduling, pay issues, oh and then the worst thing we might have to deal with is listening to guys like Pinnacle Pete cry about losing 3 months of seniority when won the lottery on seniority and contract compared to a 8-12 year captain at XJ-oh and hearing about all the poor 9E FO's who lost upgrades and its all XJ's fault. Guess what dude? You were losing aircraft before all this? XJ FO's got it in the pants just as bad as 9E ones.

But in the end we can't look back and most at Mesaba are not blaming the 9E pilots as we are hear 9E pilots blame xj pilots. We are looking for our union leadership to do its best to get us the best deal in the bankruptcy and the only way to do that is to stand together. That being said I know a lot of us would be better off if they split the lists and furloughed out of seniority order. But that would set a precedent that I nor ALPA would like to see set. Imagine if they closed MEM or MSP? Oh, looks like those pilots would be gone too. that would be a real easy way to get rid of senior pilots.

Oh and if they are allowed to furlough out of seniority order to save on training costs, guess what? Those MEM 900 pilots would be on the street too. All to save a buck right? Its a bad idea.

Now if they sell off the Q's there is a provision in the contract that the pilots go with the planes. I am sure the attorneys at 9E are looking hard at that. That would save a lot of training costs.

This is a great post! Well said, good read.

As for the post directly above (#223), I'll agree you need to fight together and be on the same page, but lets not forget the past history that has gotten everyone to where they are today. It was Phil T's fault for the low $ bid on the ATL 900s and Q contract, but it was the union's misdoings that let the SLI turn out the way it did. Plus, it was the union's fault for not trying to unify early. Pretty hard to unify three groups when 2 of the 3 were fighting against our DOH as class date. That whole thing didn't go off to a good start. Plus, I think most XJ and 9E folks can acknowledge that there was DEFINITELY a push after the merger to ensure that one side became the "surviving MEC." If you were in-the-know at Pinnacle, you know this is true, and the same for Mesaba. In fact, one of the Mesaba posters in this thread (I won't name who - but he knows who he is) had a goal of trying to get enough 9E folks to see the good side of TW as opposed to CS. That was a wonderful goal, and certainly something the Mesaba pilots should have pushed for. Similarly, and I won't name names, but I was told by multiple pilots at 9E that "it was in our best interest to vote in CS as new MEC Chairman."

So with the checkered and rocky past history since the merger, the question is can people still come together and fight as one? I'd like to think so and hopefully, they can.

I'd like to move on, and I will, the second I get my $$$$$ that I'm still owed from them! But now that 9E declared BK, I got a letter in the mail stating that they have filed bankruptcy. My understanding is I'm now just a creditor who needs to take a number and get in line.

Pretty hard to unify three groups when 2 of the 3 were fighting against our DOH as class date. That whole thing didn't go off to a good start.

Hard for me to unify behind anything Pinnacle when Hunter was looking to staple my ass next to the bottom of the ISL.

Anyway, TW is MEC, moving along.

Hard for me to unify behind anything Pinnacle when Hunter was looking to staple my ass next to the bottom of the ISL.

I'm right there with ya on that one. One of the dumbest/stupidest moves done primarily because the goal was to protect the senior 9E pilots. In the end, not only did it backfire in the face, but the senior 9E pilots got screwed almost 3 to 1 with Mesaba due to the -900 category.

JH was just doing his job. The job of PCL Merger Committee was to protect the seniority of the Pinnacle pilots. The job of your merger committee was to protect yours. In the end, the arbitrator decided. Holding a grudge against the other team's MC makes no sense.

JH was just doing his job. The job of PCL Merger Committee was to protect the seniority of the Pinnacle pilots. The job of your merger committee was to protect yours. In the end, the arbitrator decided. Holding a grudge against the other team's MC makes no sense.
No he wasn't. Proposing a staple job to an arbitrator? That's insanity by any measureable means, especially considering the other two were very reasonable (DOH and relative). If the job of the PCL merger committee was to protect seniority, then they failed miserably! You NEVER protect seniority by proposing a STAPLE to a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR! That is one of the dumbest most retarded mistakes you can make. Of course they'll hold a grudge against him, heck, there are 9E pilots that hold a grudge against him for what he proposed.

Latest resources

Back