• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Files for Bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Easy all you have to do is put together the pieces that have already been revealed.

1. Two certificates Pinnacle jets, all Delta by the way. Mesaba turboprops...all United now that USAir is out.

2. Pinnacle owes Delta 60 million for the Mesaba. If Pinnacle goes into chapter 11 new stock will be issued. Delta's claim could be with 10 cents on the dollar. Ask yourself this question is it better for Delta to just say to Pinnacle sell us the Jet operation or else...By the way how much cheaper is it to buy the outstanding stock shares now...hmmm $1 today vs $9 a year ago...thanks Sean for publicly threading chapter 11. Another side note the investors are upset to say the least and are suing for a seat on the board.

3. The Jet operation will be merged into Comair. they have the oldest 200's in the country Mesaba has the newest 19 200's in the country. Delta can get a management team that not trying to recover from P.T.'s mess. Delta can dump old 200's and come out with a leaner more junior company. By the way...Delta get total control of them

4. Skywest has wanted to bid on the RFP from united on Q400 flying. Basically too expensive to compete without an existing certificate. Poof by the Mesaba operation and know you have the missing piece. Thought this SLI was a mess, just wait until your put together with a non-union carrier...think Mesaba flight attendants 3/1 may be the best you get.

5. 1 Commerance square...Easily shed in ch 11 or 7

Last edited:
Well, I don't know about some of the above theories, there's some pretty huge leaps in there.

I'll say this, don't think that the coming BK/whatever wasn't considered and planned when DAL involved itself in the purchase and merger. There is a financial game plan in here somewhere but none of us will ever know what it is. All 3 of these companies mean nothing, the employees mean nothing. It's the dollar, that's it.

I'll say this, don't think that the coming BK/whatever wasn't considered and planned when DAL involved itself in the purchase and merger. There is a financial game plan in here somewhere but none of us will ever know what it is. All 3 of these companies mean nothing, the employees mean nothing. It's the dollar, that's it.

Excellent point (just see my name). Remember the original sham Mesaba bankruptcy, it was all a shell game to unfairly benefit NW at the Mesaba employees' expense.* And what a surprise, now that same lying cheating NW management is running DL and the Mesaba employees are getting the shaft again. I can't decide whether to roll my eyes or close them to keep blood from shooting out every time Richard Anderson makes that phony speech on the televised safety announcements, lauding Delta's commitment to honesty and integrity in everything they do!

*For those who weren't around at the time, here's what happened with the original Mesaba bankruptcy (and please correct me if I got any of this wrong!): Mesaba was a well-run company with quality employees making good profits. Mesaba buys a tiny money-losing airline in the midwest (Skyway, I think it was?), and creates a holding company shell (Mesaba Holdings) to own both airlines. Skyway keeps losing money, and Mesaba keeps making money hand over fist, and the profits are funneled into Mesaba Holdings. Then NW gets in financial trouble, and tells Mesaba they aren't going to be paid as much anymore. Even though Mesaba Holdings is flush with cash, on paper Mesaba Airlines looks financially shaky, and declares bankruptcy. They then get the threat of a government judge to force massive paycuts and layoffs on the employees, creating a smaller, cheaper airline. The kicker to all these games--NW was always the primary holder of Mesaba stock! They orchestrated the whole thing just to steal from the Mesaba employees. And here we go again--the details may be different, but the objective is still the same: to slash compensation to ALL the already underpaid regional carriers! :mad:

Big Sky was the name of the small airline and MAIR was the name of the Mesaba holding company. Other than that, pretty much correct.

I don't think Delta is going to buy us back. They don't want to own regionals because they can just tell them what they want without having to worry about paying for it. As far as buying us and merging with Comair, even more unlikely. Why didn't they merge us when they owned us before?

Latest resources

Back