• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and JOE must be 57 since that is about the time going to main line wouldn't pan out IN ANY CATEGORY by the end!

Really....How long do you think it would take before this magical "flowup" would happen....I would put it at 5 years from NOW...and that's BEST case scenario.

Secondly, after my life improving "flow up"....How along before I get back to getting my choice of 18 days off a month, 4(12) weeks of vacation, at 110K a year?

I don't believe NWA had a 4 year degree requirement...did it? If not, this will be an interesting situation....

It was not in writing, but I do not know anyone hired in the last wave without it. The only exceptions might have been the ATI's. I heard a rumor that one of them only had about 300 hours of total flight time. I know the Compass pilots were expecting to flow without one. I am not sure what is going to happen with this.

Well its good for a few of you. Im a seeing eye doggy doesn't fly for the airlines and never will and doesn't want to. BUT STILL FINDS HIMSELF HERE ON THE AIRLINE BOARDS

I do like to drop in from time to time to see how my fellow pilots at my old company are doing. However, sometimes I do click on threads not directly related to Comair but the aviation/airline industry in general. This board is entertainment, nothing more or less. It just amuses me though, that some things will never change.

Last edited:
Joe, I am not a fan of the idea of a flow. I am telling you what is being offered to your MEC reps at the DCI meeting.
Read my post on the majors section as to why DALPA wants it. I personally have told people that there are too many political interests to make it happen. I was told I was wrong.
I personally see it as a way to reduce the legacy costs at DCI, by offering a red herring.

I personally see it as a way to reduce the legacy costs at DCI, by offering a red herring.

And a red herring is all this will ever be. For shame, for shame.

And a red herring is all this will ever be. For shame, for shame.
How 'bout we do it this way:

we wait 'til early next year, after the parking of dc9's/md88/90's and massive furlough from Delta/Northwest and the next 2-3 rounds of swapping 50's for 900's, THEN we agree to a "flow-up" after we've given preferential hiring to the furloughed Delta pilots and they begin to fill our right seats as new hires. That way they can reap the benefits of said "flow" and become superior skilled Mainline pilots with over bloated egos....how'd that be?

oh yeah, lets not have a "flow" that forces anyone that does want to move to mainline to move to mainline.

Really....How long do you think it would take before this magical "flowup" would happen....I would put it at 5 years from NOW...and that's BEST case scenario.

Secondly, after my life improving "flow up"....How along before I get back to getting my choice of 18 days off a month, 4(12) weeks of vacation, at 110K a year?

I use to inflate how much I made also. Lets see. With 18 days of a month...216 off. 4-12 weeks off for vacation 12x7=84. lets say you only add 4 days off each of those 12 times that would be 22 days off a month. so you work 8. with the minuscule time you get for sick and only get paid for four of your vacations.....8 days of work x 12 = 96 110000/96=1145/day...flying 8 every single day of the year you make 143 dollars an hour...given a small inflation for vacation and sick pay....bs...not for a line pilot. I have read your contract...there is no way to credit enough every single month with all those sick calls and days off with your contract to get a 140 an hour average.

Even if you go with 12 days a month of work, 18 days of work, no vacation or sick on top, that's about 100 dollars an hour with 8 hours every single day you come to work. BS

Is it possible? Yes. An 18 year CRJ 700 captain flying his azz of every single month without even one month of a break. But not with 18+ days off a month and your 12 weeks of time off for vacation/sick. You get enough sick time to cover what...one four day a year?

Last edited:
100s of 50 seaters are going to go away. Thats a fact. Now, with scope set at 255 70+ seat aircraft unless mainline grows,(which we are getting close to ) what do you think is going to happen at the sub-contractors? My guess is furloughs, and some going away completly. If you are at one of the more senior, expensive sub-contractors I would be very worried. Do I think mainline is going to furlough? Yes. Do I think mainline is going to allow an increase in large rjs(above the 255) while we furlough or stagnate for years.. NFW. Not without another ch11 and even then you might see a different, more militant reaction this time as we have been there, done that thing already. Again, time will tell.

How 'bout we do it this way:

we wait 'til early next year, after the parking of dc9's/md88/90's and massive furlough from Delta/Northwest and the next 2-3 rounds of swapping 50's for 900's, THEN we agree to a "flow-up" after we've given preferential hiring to the furloughed Delta pilots and they begin to fill our right seats as new hires. That way they can reap the benefits of said "flow" and become superior skilled Mainline pilots with over bloated egos....how'd that be?

oh yeah, lets not have a "flow" that forces anyone that does want to move to mainline to move to mainline.

Frankly, the idea of a mainline guy 'flowing' to the top of the left seat DCI list, thereby displacing everyone on said DCI list down one number, is categorically a bad idea for the DCI people. To attempt to spin it otherwise, as has been the case with this thread, is a perversion of logic.

(If this thought process is such a good idea, then why don't we flow the DCI pilot to the top of the left seat mainline list everytime [which wouldn't be often, if ever...] a flow up occurs? It's the same logic.)

Clearly, there is a double standard here with regards to the careers of mainline vs. DCI pilots. How could a DCI pilot be expected to agree to, vote for, and support this lunacy?

Now, if there were a way for the interests of the DCI guys to be considered with the same weight of the mainline pilots, I think that there could be a way to make this happen. Could someone on the mainline side of the house please suggest something that is a win/win suggestion? To date, I've not heard any of that kind of thinking.

Last edited:
We are at 223 70/76 seat jets. After these are delivered that were part of the 76 seat scope grievance settlement there are only 32 more than can be delivered. Fact is that they are not even on order yet. That should tell you something.
They may swap out 70 seat jets for the 76 seater, but even with six first class seats the expenditure is zero sum. That is unless one of the manufacturer decides to give DAL no penalty to do so.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back