• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Capt. has Awesome overnight!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing wrong with a young age. I've met a few mature 16 year olds and some very immature 60 year olds. Immaturity is the issue and this case stinks of it.

We ought to get off this topic now. His goose is cooked and we should just pretend that everybody has learned a valuable lesson. That is until we open up the USA Today next week to read about the next guy that steps on his own d***.

Who likes Bar-B-Que?

They might have done a lot behind closed doors and even in the airplane but it would have been extremely unusual to have anything happen in public.

Steeling liquor is ok..... right...got it...

PanAm crews shagging on the airplane... even with no pax on board seems to be worse than this guy...

I bet if any of those PanAm guys got caught they'd love someone to defend them....

I understand and respect that the ALPA types here are willing to defend this kid. As far as I can tell it's like being a public defender. He has a right to a defense. But at the same time I find it very troubling that few of the ALPA types have really spoken out to clearly condemn these types of actions. If yo don't condemn it then you're essentially reinforcing it.

So, since we are not condemning it on a moniker message board... the ALPA types are bad?

My intent was for ALPA brother and sisters not to judge a fellow pilot.....

Are we judging this guy? Or supporting him? When we get ourselves in the companies sights... do we want support or condemnation from our fellow pilots...

If you work for Pinnacle for over 12 months... sooner or later you are going to be in your supervisors office.....

If you work for Pinnacle for over 12 months... sooner or later you are going to be in your supervisors office.....

Yeah, but not for getting arrested naked and drunk on an overnight.

If he is acquitted on all the charges for which he was arrested, he should be re-hired with back pay. If he really did what he was arrested for, there really is no defense.

My intent was for ALPA brother and sisters not to judge a fellow pilot.....

Are we judging this guy? Or supporting him? When we get ourselves in the companies sights... do we want support or condemnation from our fellow pilots...
Actually, that's an excellent question, and one that many members get VERY angry about.

It costs tens of thousands of dollars to defend a termination all the way to arbitration. That dues money could go to other things if the grievances for people who are obviously guilty of theft, sexual non-consensual assaults (like whipping it out in front of a flight attendant's hotel room door to see if she's interested or a girl who is DATING and sleeping with a guy regularly then calls "rape" after she gets drunk and wakes up in bed with him on some random overnight that they DELIBERATELY bid together - those are actual PCL stories).

Yes, I know ALPA carries a due dilligence to defend ALL its members, at least to System Board, and I'm not making a judgment about this guy's issue, I'm speaking rhetorically: When do you say "This guy just stepped WAY over the line, and we're not spending dues money on a case this egregious and save the dues money for use elsewhere"....?

Like I said before, I'm pretty certain this guy will get canned unless he JUMPED into a HIMS program like PCL-128 was talking about and the company otherwise likes him, and I'm almost 100% certain he can get his job back in grievance (given PCL's p*ss-poor track record in upholding terminations).

But the larger question remains, outside of this incident. For those who ask that question, I will answer it from the perspective of being in the middle of a termination grievance:

I was terminated under conditions the company ALLEGED were fraud and theft, and the company publicized it to the employees at airTran because of the anti-TA work I had done, trying to discredit me. Some people were very openly hostile, buying into anything that was said, without finding out the WHOLE STORY.

Those who knew me were supportive, but my union wasn't warmly supportive until they had enough medical evidence to win a civil case as well. I felt very isolated and it has been a VERY difficult 9 months, with another 9 or so to go in all likelihood. Now that they have all the information and know that I didn't do what the company accused me of, they are completely supportive, but it's still difficult at times.

Because it takes time for ALL the information to come out, the union HAS to represent these pilots, to the BEST of their ability, until they get enough information to make a decision.

Sometimes the union elects to "drop" the pilot after System Board, but only if the evidence is OVERWHELMING that the pilot did what the company alleged. In my case, I'm lucky, there's lots of written evidence from medical professionals on my side. In other cases, it might not be so cut and dry.

That's why you elect a MEC who will be able to not play a popularity game and do the morally- and ethically-correct thing when it comes to a grievance, whether it's "winnable" or not. THAT is the ONLY definition of whether a grievance should or should not be fought all the way to arbitration.

Most times you and me, the line pilots, won't have enough information to make that judgment about someone else.

In this case, just because I think he was immature and being punch-drunk-stupid doesn't mean I think he shouldn't get his job back if he is terminated. I simply know how long and tortuous this route is and he could save himself a lot of heartache. If he were at a major, different story,,, Hard to explain on an interview why you left a major to go fly at a regional or supplemental or 135 company then try to go back to a major years later.

That's about as true as it gets.

Last edited:
That's B.S. man. I think you've got the wrong impression of what those guys were all about. My father started flying for Pan Am back in '65 and while it's true that they got away with a lot (they used to actually take the entire galley liquor cart with them to the hotel room for their personal use) I've never heard a single story of gross sexual misconduct in public. They might have done a lot behind closed doors and even in the airplane but it would have been extremely unusual to have anything happen in public.

But that was a different time. Privacy was still respected, and if you f-ed up and got caught, chances are there would be an agreement by all parties to "work things out quietly".

These days, the video of your mis-deeds are on Youtube before the cops even get there because every turd with a pulse has a camera in his cellphone looking for his 15 minutes of fame.

The "right to privacy" has been replaced by the "right" of the public to be mindlessly entertained.

Nu

You've got some stories mixed up. The poster boy got "asked to resign" for a few similar things, but the guy with the pizza and the "sausage" was a Captain who was not former GIA.

LOL! And I thought I knew all the trash and rumors moving thru the 9E grapevine. PCL128 pm me these details. Should make for some funny reading.

*sigh*
I still remember all the great layover advice my IOE capt (who taught me how to drink like an airline pilot) gave me. Wish he was still around to give some of these young'ns a good talkin' to.

I always gave my crews this advice. Whatever happens in (insert layover city here) stays in (insert layover city here). Get cell phone #'s from each other so you can bail each other out (figuratively). But these two were just plain stupid.
Rook

SplitAss, I don't call GoJet pilots SCABs. The term is pseudo-scab. But make sure you mention your opinions of GIA pilots the next time you jumpseat on AirTran. We have tons of former GIA pilots here, so I'm sure the crew would love to hear your thoughts before they boot you off of the plane.

Got the original eastern scabs over there, too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back