Pinnacle Buying Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sad but true...

How will my pass benefits be affected? When will the benefits change?
There will be no immediate changes. However, in 2011 Mesaba employees will transition
to the “independent” regional airline pass travel program with Delta. That will mean the
loss of buddy passes, lower priority on some flights, equal privileges on Pinnacle Airlines
flights and some changes in pass-travel costs. We will keep you informed on the timing
and details of the changes.

Heck we can't even get around positive space as it is now....

He's talking about Colgan. I know it gets confusing with all these airlines we own now.
My apologies. I lost of track of that, and totally forgot about Colgan. Our management yet again bought another airline after repeating over and over again they just don't have the money to give us an "industry average" TA.

My apologies. I lost of track of that, and totally forgot about Colgan. Our management yet again bought another airline after repeating over and over again they just don't have the money to give us an "industry average" TA.

This is indirectly a good point: Where did PCL get the money for this?

Like the used car lots that say "Buy Here, Pay Here", Delta financied the whole thing for them! Talk about really wanting to get rid of a couple of regionals.

Delta fully financied the transaction over a 5yr timeline. No government approval needed.

Read the FAQs. Delta LOANED the money to Pinnacle at market rates over a 5 year term for this purchase.

So far it seems that there is general shock, disgust, insult and disappointment from everyone at Mesaba.

A3. What’s this costing Pinnacle? Does it put a strain on financial resources?
Delta has provided financing to the Company for the total $62 million purchase price
over the next five years under market terms, thus minimizing the financial impact on
Pinnacle. This is a good investment that will benefit the Company and all three of our
airlines. As long as we continue to provide consistent, industry-leading performance, we
will easily be able to service the debt.

The bright point in this is now ties will be optional while walking through the terminal for the XJ pilots.

What a sad day.

The bright point in this is now ties will be optional while walking through the terminal for the XJ pilots.

What a sad day.

Yeah, I'm sure gonna miss those sham bankruptcies. Not to mention the finding out our Saabs are going away through a Greenville, Mississippi rag...oh the memories.

C'mon, this puts a huge chunk of DCI flying, eventually, under one group...down the road there could be some real opportunity here for leverage in negotiations with less whipsaw. This isn't all bad.

Latest resources

Back