Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle and UAL agree on terms....More Q's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
me either, show me a wage scale that says we are paid more than the average regional pilot group by a significant margin and then we will talk. SHow me proof that our company is well run and they are not making ridiculous financial decision still (only time will tell). If we are too expensive because the amount of senior pilots at Pinnacle then I think that should be addressed. How you ask? How about not having the pay scale go to 20+ years and having it stop at 12 or 15? Or better yet, how about what is good for the FO's is good for the Captains....where does the FO pay scale stop? I am just saying. I do not want this, but hey what the heck-if they want to sell out our pay and bennies on the principle of saving the company, then let the ones who will benefit the most from it be the ones who pay for it. I mean heck, if we lost a huge number of planes in bankruptcy then most of us would be gone anyways and the only ones left would be the ultra senior ones, why not make them pay for the cuts. :) I am just saying........

Love it.

Skywest has been approached by UA several times about operating Q400s and has refused the contract because UA doesn't want to pay them enough for operating another type. This agreement is a positive development because the company and UA have come to an agreement on on compensation for the Q400s. They are probably going to tear up the agreement with CO and write a new agreement with UAL that will fix other things besides compensation. Look for a new deal to come out in the next 6 weeks and for the options to be exercised.

It's the rumors no one has heard of, hold the most truth...

From the union pizza dinner last night..

This 2 month agreement gives us enough money to pay EDC, and not go bankrupt.. But also allows more time for PNCL corp and UAL to try and negotiate a better contract, with the best case for more Q's because United wants many more.

More negotiations starting today between ALPA and PNCL corp.
Wychor said the 5% cut forever was a non starter in negotiations, and the 7% for one year was a non starter in negotiations. So there are still some significant differences between parties. Wychor says that he thinks the Pilot's will need to give something to help the company survive outside of bankruptcy. Those were the only real numbers that were given at the pizza dinner.. The mood of ALPA, seems to be cautiously optimistic.

Good to hear, I'd only consider giving up anything in the contract to become a primary secured credit holder (you can guarantee that won't happen) So At least TW is listening... so far.

"...Wychor says that he thinks the Pilot's will need to give something to help the company survive outside of bankruptcy..."

Yep, sounds like good 'ol XJ ALPA.

Hopefully we can show some balls with this. Give NOTHING.

"...Wychor says that he thinks the Pilot's will need to give something to help the company survive outside of bankruptcy..."

You seriously have no idea what you are talking about do you? Since 2004 XJ ALPA was about to strike to avoid giving to company ('04), did not give in to taking concessions for crj 200's and got them anyways ('06ish) and spent millions of dollars in bankruptcy court to not give help to the company. After the bankruptcy, most Mesaba pilots actually came out ahead because of the claim and snapbacks. What examples do you have in which "good 'ol XJ ALPA" gave to their company without putting up a fight? The only time since I have been here, that they recommended voting on something that actually reduced my pay was during bankruptcy when the choice was a pay cut, or an extreme pay slashing.

If you actually meant: Yep, sounds like good 'ol XJ ALPA...talking with the company to get a working relationship and doing what it takes to get to the truth about the finanacial situation and making recommendations on what they see as the truth...then yes, good 'ol XJ ALPA.

Last edited:
You seriously have no idea what you are talking about do you? Since 2004 XJ ALPA was about to strike to avoid giving to company ('04), did not give in to taking concessions for crj 200's and got them anyways ('06ish) and spent millions of dollars in bankruptcy court to not give help to the company. After the bankruptcy, most Mesaba pilots actually came out ahead because of the claim and snapbacks. What examples do you have in which "good 'ol XJ ALPA" gave to their company without putting up a fight?

Agreed. I think our guys are doing exactly what the pilot group wants.

Yep, sounds like good 'ol 9E ALPA, the show some balls and give NOTHING playbook worked great!

Latest resources

Back