• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle 1113 ruling set for this Thursday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have laughed at many of your posts but this is awesome. I have agreed with some of your ideas and for the most part you are full of ......we researched things about Delta but in this case you are full of a lot more crap. Seriously...handle the bigger aircraft? Really? One of my friends dad retired on the whale and guess what? at 300 hours he was hired at NWA to sit sideways on the 727, then went to FO, then Captain. Not long after that he was a captain on the 747. Statements like what you just posted about handling larger aircraft ....shows you are about as full of it as Flyer. Flyer made a good choice to leave, there are a lot of others waiting for that opportunity. But your statement is ridiculous. Career progression used to be from a Turbo prop to mainline. Done. When I was a intern at NWA with 260 hours, I did every lesson in the SIM on the 320 without a problem. So what you are saying is that a couple thousand hours of PIC in a CRJ means nothing and some idiot who gets lucky, with no PIC experience to bring to the job is a better choice. just peachy.

Laugh away man, but interviewers just don't disgard pilots that move on from the regionals. Sure, PIC is better, but 1015 figured it out quick that PNCL was going nowhere but down, and he made a good choice. If the PIC times was years away, he then made a better move, one that gets him a better chance. As far as Majors looking at LCC FOs, it is true. If they pased Airbus or 737 training, that means they can do it again. And, some INTL airlines want people with experience on larger planes with certain weights. (Emirates for example) Hey, 1015 made the move for his own reasons, and it probably will benefit him later on. I never said a couple thousand PIC doesn't mean anything, I said he made a good choice with what he had. You could do the same, and it might look better on your resume. Or, you can keep the status quo, and see where that takes you. In 5-7 years, there will be so much hiring that PIC won't really matter anyway. It'll all be about who has "jet time." But, those who get hired in the beginning of the wave will have a better QOL for the rest of their careers. That is the difference here.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
what you are saying is right, but lets look at this. Many I know want out but where are we suppose to go when they hire FO's with no PIC before a more qualified pilot-oh thats right, Flyer says we are substandard and lazy. I and many like me have applied at Virgin, Emirates, Jetblue, Atlas, but stopped short at some others for financial reasons. I will take a hit for a couple years but cannot take a hit for 10. That being said, if Pinnacle goes away, I will take a hit no matter what but I have to hold out and hope that the ones doing the hiring at the majors will look at years of airline experience with valuable PIC decision making experience will put us ahead of those like flyer who have only proved that they can fly an airbus (which i might add as I said before I had no problem flying in the SIM when I had 250 hours-or that many foreign carriers put those 300 hour wonders in a 320). I suppose Delta will be doing the same as those foreign carriers in a few short years. Oh well, anyone over 40 with 10 years at a regional will be looked upon as untrainable while ......never mind. its a lost cause

i like how the General makes it sound as if we all choose to stay at Pinnacle and how we have so many options.

lets see

Do I leave my kids and go overseas when they are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2? right now that answer is no but I have looked into it and will if I lose my job now

Xjhawk,

First of all, calm down. I hope you get to go where you want to go. I really do. I am just saying 1015 made a smart move. Some people may think it was risky, but he saw the writing on the wall for PNCL, and made a smart move IMO. Some people have kids or side businesses and can't make the jump, I understand that. If you can, it may be smart, primarily because it may get you noticed by the Legacies if that is where you want to end up. Sure, 300 hour wonders can fly the 320 in China. It still looks good to recruiters and interviewers. PIC is also a huge plus, and that may help in the beginning of the wave hiring, but not at the end. At the end, I bet only jet time will be required. The key again to a great end of a career is to be in the front part of the hiring wave. It will make your life a whole lot easier. Good luck to you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

xjhawk. "Idiot" name calling? There's no need for that. Especially when you know I've offered to help how you if I can when the hiring picks up again here.

I and many like me have applied at Virgin, Emirates, Jetblue, Atlas, but stopped short at some others for financial reasons.
That's fine, and to each his own. I applied to Virgin, Emirates, JetBlue, Atlas, Aloha Air Cargo, Skyking, Miami Air, Skylease Cargo, Amerijet, Southern Air, Centurion, Spirit, US Airways, Hawaiian, Allegiant, Sun Country, Kalitta Charters, Xtra Airways, Qatar, flyDubai, Air Arabia, Air Mauritius, XOJet, Avantair, and corporate gigs like Parker, Corning, Dow, and a host of others. Do you know how long it takes to fill out all those applications? I spent countless hours searching for jobs online and then applying. I spent hundreds of dollars on job fairs, hotels, meals/expenses just hoping to get a shot. I heard nothing back: except ONE. And once I got that ONE opportunity, I studied for two full days before I took the online test. I did countless practice computerized tests online, timed myself, then found new tests, rinsed and repeated. From passing that test, I landed one interview opportunity, and even then I still had to earn it. Half the people with me that day did not make it.

gl..........

I honestly don't care. Please put me on ignore. If you want to ignore the truth, do it. Many of you can't debate the facts anyway. BYE!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
The General has many good posts. Unlike some others, he actually writes long thought-out posts. We may not agree on everything, but I respect this guy.

Thanks general. I am calm. There are more important things to reserve my emotions for than this career. If I did not say it before, I like your posts and think they are well thought and researched. I just did not like what you said-thats all. Heck-I do not always like what my friends say either. We can all have our opinions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back