• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle 1113 ruling set for this Thursday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are the highlights of the agreement on the table? How bad is the TA?

Tried to search for it, but couldn't find it.

RF

I just read a stat on another forum. A 12-14 year pilot there will be an FO if Delta does what they are threatening. That 12-14 year FO will make $2.45 more an hour than the flight attendant in back with the same longevity. I would say that's bad.

What has Delta threatened? I believe all they said was that the 200 fleet will shrink. Be 140? 50? 10? Only Delta knows.

No they also threatened that if we do not come to an agreement that they will start transferring all of our flying to other DCI carriers and shut our operation down. The last time this happened (mesaba) at least the economy was good and the people who wanted to leave could just leave. This time its going to be a little more tough. They did say that no matter what they will start next year the reduction of the crj 200's.

I just read a stat on another forum. A 12-14 year pilot there will be an FO if Delta does what they are threatening. That 12-14 year FO will make $2.45 more an hour than the flight attendant in back with the same longevity. I would say that's bad.

So there's no actual numbers yet, but everyone is expecting the worst from the company/NC meetings? I guess the latest MEC memo wasn't too encouraging. Good luck everyone.

But why no flowthrough.... and you know it. Delta pilots (and management) want to control WHO they hire. By having a flowthrough, you have zero chance of controlling who you hire, and that's precisely what YOUR pilot group wanted to avoid. Lets be honest, the flow is for the senior guys. The first couple hundred at Mesaba. And you know most of them are either content and never wanted to leave Mesaba, or were rejected from interviews and are now stuck. In either case, your pilot group doesn't want to sign off on lifers and give them a flowthrough. So before you judge me and cast me off, at least acknowledge that what I said is precisely why your pilot group dosen't want an automatic flow. They want a chance to choose a pilot, and weed out the bad ones.

True that DAL wants to be able to choose. However, the remaining Mesaba flow list is mostly full of very good people. Are there a few misfits in there? Sure. But I would submit to you that the ratio is no greater than the number of misfits who make it in through a normal hiring process. And there are a huge number of truly excellent people who were on the flow list before, but got cut off with the Mesaba purchase.

And there are also plenty who missed the wave in 2000/2001, got passed up by NWA/DAL a few years ago while 3-4000 hr pilots were getting hired. The same people who didn't want to make a move to an LCC (WN not included) because of the lower wages and drag on the industry, etc. etc. Lots of reasons, circumstances, and so on.. But to paint everyone in this group as either losers, lazy, or unambitious is just wrong.

Sound reasoning and judgement is not something Flyer does when he talks or posts. Let him post and remind everyone why he is better than everyone else who is still at Pinnacle.

I'm no better off than the average John Doe. Speak with facts before you resort to personal/ego insults. I put thought and reason in posts. I'm not calling anyone a loser. Everyone has to make their own personal choices and do what they think is best.

The same people who didn't want to make a move to an LCC (WN not included) because of the lower wages and drag on the industry, etc. etc. Lots of reasons, circumstances, and so on..
You are correct for reasons and circumstances, but to say that a regional pilot wouldn't move to a LCC because of "lower wages and drag on the industry" doesn't make sense coming from a regional pilot, where it's all outsourced flying with the lowest wages (entry-level) in the industry.

Last edited:
I think 1015 did the right thing. He saw PNCL was shrinking and had potential to get even smaller. If PIC was far away, then a chance at a LCC is the next choice. If they want to stay there as the LCC grows, then great. Often Majors go after LCC pilots to interview because they know how to handle the larger equipment already and are trainable, and taking pilots away from LCCs costs those carriers more money to train the next guy. With PNCL in shrink mode, he made the correct move IMO. Some people are afraid of change or don't want to take a chance. That chance can often lead to better things. 1015 and I haven't always agreed on certain topics, but I think he made a good move here for his career.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think 1015 did the right thing. He saw PNCL was shrinking and had potential to get even smaller. If PIC was far away, then a chance at a LCC is the next choice. If they want to stay there as the LCC grows, then great. Often Majors go after LCC pilots to interview because they know how to handle the larger equipment already and are trainable, and taking pilots away from LCCs costs those carriers more money to train the next guy. With PNCL in shrink mode, he made the correct move IMO. Some people are afraid of change or don't want to take a chance. That chance can often lead to better things. 1015 and I haven't always agreed on certain topics, but I think he made a good move here for his career.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I have laughed at many of your posts but this is awesome. I have agreed with some of your ideas and for the most part you are full of ......we researched things about Delta but in this case you are full of a lot more crap. Seriously...handle the bigger aircraft? Really? One of my friends dad retired on the whale and guess what? at 300 hours he was hired at NWA to sit sideways on the 727, then went to FO, then Captain. Not long after that he was a captain on the 747. Statements like what you just posted about handling larger aircraft ....shows you are about as full of it as Flyer. Flyer made a good choice to leave, there are a lot of others waiting for that opportunity. But your statement is ridiculous. Career progression used to be from a Turbo prop to mainline. Done. When I was a intern at NWA with 260 hours, I did every lesson in the SIM on the 320 without a problem. So what you are saying is that a couple thousand hours of PIC in a CRJ means nothing and some idiot who gets lucky, with no PIC experience to bring to the job is a better choice. just peachy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back