• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinacle starting to interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Towelie you shouldn't direct those questions at the pilots. You should know that managment takes illusionist classes from the likes of Copperfield. So smoke and mirrors is a game they know all too well. Thanks for the well wishes. And we wish XJ the best as well.

Rook said:
Towelie you shouldn't direct those questions at the pilots. You should know that managment takes illusionist classes from the likes of Copperfield. So smoke and mirrors is a game they know all too well. Thanks for the well wishes. And we wish XJ the best as well.

I can see it on the marquee in Vegas now....

The Mirage presents "Airline Management: The most fabulous illusion show you will ever see! And each paid admission includes all the blue Kool-Aid you can drink!"

XJ management is telling us that we need to take cuts so we can grow in the future with 70 seaters. Umm... we just played this game a year and a half ago. You can hang all the carrots you want, we aren't running after them this time.

Jumpin Ship

There are a lot more FO's that are leaving than Captains. Although off hand I can think of 2 Captains that are leaving this month for bigger and better things so congrads to them. Most of the attrition seems to be junior Fo's that come here to get abused build time (cause they did not have enough to get noticed by an HR Dept some where else) and then move on to some where else like Skywest or Express Jet. If you actually live in your base it is not too bad. The commuters here get rail roaded on a regular basis, last day of a trip you get extended and miss your ride home. After happening several months that is enough to wear on anyones nerves. I think there are a lot of other captains from here starting to interview with other places, I know a couple of guys that have Jet Blue interviews and a few that are looking at Air Tran and CAL. Hopefully it works out for them and I wish them the best of luck.

Scary things could be on the horison though as NWA threatens to terminate our Air Service Agreement and thanks to our understaffing ( in the never ending quest for the 9 cent per seat mile cost, we are not southwest Phil we dont have enough seats to do that, get it through your head.) causing canceled flights and penalities by Northwest. But on the flip side things could turn out to be ok, no one really knows, it is just sort of a big crap shoot, are there better places to work......yea sure. But if you are looking to get your foot in the door and are willing to accept little pay, hostile crew schedulers, and a general all around lack of caring for the employees, then I say come on down. Dont Plan on a quick upgrade, and if and when you do interview there please come back and post what they are saying. I am always curious as to what flavor Koolaide they are passing out at the interview.

NEW BONUS PROGRAM IN PLACE, WHICH INCLUDES:

• Paid Lodging While in Training
• $200.00 Weekly Allowance

• $500.00 Employee Referral Bonus
• $1,000.00 Sign-on Bonus, Payable at the End of Training

PLEASE NOTE: This Bonus Program is only effective until February 1, 2006.

This program ends Feb. 1st. Does that mean that after Feb 1, pilots will not get paid for training, and not get paid for the hotel during training? This takes it back to square one !

I thought the reason this "bonus program" was put in place was because they were having trouble finding applicants. Now, no pay and no hotel during trainng will turn many people away.

Or that upgrade times would be affected with the attrition?

Latest resources

Back