• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots with Harleys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you can't drag your knee (or jump a triple), it ain't worth riding. I don't ride on the street, it's too dangerous. I don't understand all the street dude's arguing about who's better, based on what kind of bike they BOUGHT. Put it on a track and see who's better based on LAP TIMES (which you EARN, not BUY). :)

I have been riding my 1984 WG for 4 yrs. 1 accident of my first fathers day. That opens your eyes!! I was told the term "NUMB N@TS" comes from riding harley's. I am not sure those go numb but my arss and hands do. Where ear plugs so you are not an old pilot who can't hear in the flight deck

Harleys are my favorite motorcycles. It's fun to outrun some $30,000, overly loud, chrome laden, "big bore" 103 c.i. RK or EG with my bone stock Vulcan cruiser. Those guys usually spend more on pipes, breather, PCIII, big bore kit, chrome and leather than I did for my entire bike. Hey, it's a free country and it's their money. None of my business. I just get a kick out of all the 'rebels' that look exactly alike. I wouldn't at all mind owning an Ultra and I almost did but decided to get my current bike instead. I just couldn't see myself riding what everyone else was riding and I couldn't tolerate even being associated with the H-D culture. It's a shame really because The MoCo really does make some very cool motorcycles, but the whole brand has been corrupted by somewhat of a pop culture thing.

Last edited:

Great thread.

Ride American, Fly American

The best advise for Harley riders. If you leave the city limits, bring food and toilet paper. The leaves/pine needles really get you after the second movement. From experience, Jap bikes make great second rides.

I rode mine to work today!

Which, come to think of it, may not have been too smart... Wet roads covered in sand from last weeks snowstorm, forecast high around 40 degrees and talking about rain. What the hell was I thinking?

If you can't drag your knee (or jump a triple), it ain't worth riding. I don't ride on the street, it's too dangerous. I don't understand all the street dude's arguing about who's better, based on what kind of bike they BOUGHT. Put it on a track and see who's better based on LAP TIMES (which you EARN, not BUY). :)

I agree - especially about jumping the triple. I think everyone who wants to ride a bike on the street should learn on the dirt. You get really good at reading surfaces.

I saw a T-shirt one time that showed a bi-plane, with oil leaking and a Harley emblem on it, with the caption " if Harley made airplanes would you fly one?"

Seriously, enjoy it and be safe.

BMW 1200GS here. I'm not a big Harley fan, but I appreciate all bikes. I'm a ATGATT type of guy, but I would lose the dew rag and buy a good full face helmet.

One benefit I realized when I traded my HD for a Buell, now I can wear a full face and not look funny!

Ok, so I still look funny, but not because of the helmet...

Latest resources

Back