• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots with Harleys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I ride an antique bike and get the cold shoulder by most HD riders becuase they think I am a yuppee who sold hitech stock to buy my bike. When they find out I have owned it 23 years they open up. A lot of schmucks but some great people out there. They are some great site's that could care less what you ride like www.totalcycle.com or www.laconiabikeweek.net

Honda CBR!!!!! However i usually make fun of anyone over 30 riding a sport bike (although im sure that will change when im 30+ and still doing it). Watch out for the other drivers they're the ones that'll get you killed.

DOT and Snell approved helmet, riding pants, and a decent jacket. Every ride. I'd say see you at Sturgis since I live next door, but I can't handle it anymore. Oh, and tennis shoes just come off in bad wrecks, I have the ankle to prove it.

LOL..:)

Anyway, enjoy yer new hog and take the course if ya are new to riding, it is a zoo out there and just because ya are not paranoid, does not mean there is not somebody out to get ya...:D

Watch out for the soccer moms. They have a thing for giving bikes the "TBONE".

Question for you Harley guys. I ask with complete candor and not wanting to be flame bait.
Why do they have to be so loud? The windows of my house rattle as they drive up and down the street.
I have heard the noise is a means of safety.
And yes the jet I fly is louder than the Harleys.

Because I've been taken out twice by chicks on cell phones. I finally gave in and took out all the baffles in the pipes. I guarantee that they know I'm there now.

I also agree about the leathers. The first time I went down, I was wearing a helmet,vest, gloves, boots and jeans. The vest saved my back, the gloves my hands, and the boots were destroyed when my 650 pound Springer came down on top of my foot, but my foot was fine. My unprotected arms on the other hand, well I lost all of the skin from my elbow to the back of my shoulder. And I was only going 45 when she hit me. Didn't need the helmet except to throw at the silly fool.

The second time I was fully leathered up when a girl puller out 20 feet in front of me while I was doing 35. I had two choices, lay the bike down or go through the rear window. I layed it down. 10 weeks later I got the bike back, but I didn't get even one scratch.

I prefer sportier bikes, myself. BMW K1200RS and Yamaha R-1 covers any riding I care to do. I'm also an "all the gear all the time" believer. All the money I've spent on gear wouldn't cover the first plastic surgery if I went down without it.

I wave at all passing bikes, Harley or sportbike. All fingers. I ride because I love to, and I figure you do, too. Welcome to the world of motorcycles; it should make you a more attentive driver, as well !

There's a ton of places to buy gear. Here's a good one :

www.newenough.com

Good comments so far. TAKE THE MSF CLASS! What I learned (and I've been riding since I was 5) has saved my life several times. Deer. Deer. Cars. And did I mention Deer? If you haven't figured it out yet, you are invisible to cars (especially women drivers, no offense westshan). I can't count the number of times I have looked drivers in the eye and they still pulled right out in front of me.

Two wheels are different. You need to learn how to handle counter-steer and how to avoid high siding a bike. MSF ASAP.
quote]

I would also highly recc. this MSF course no matter how long you have been riding. If you have already taken the MSF course, then you should take the advanced MSF course, its outstanding...I have a 03 Ultra Classic and love it...congrats again!!! What pipes are you putting on and have you considered adding a power commander??

Latest resources

Back