Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots wearing backpacks??? lets get campy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And yes, FN FAL is gay.
Did his wife tell you that? Well ... you gotta consider the source. :D

Minh

Line dog:
You know, I was paid 3 shekels a week flying NTS-inop MU2s in and out of McMurdo to the Sudan, lighting my own roadside flares to aggravate the natives and throw of the SAMs. By god, I changed my uniform 14 times a day, shaved thrice, ironed the skin on my back to make sure I didn't get too comfortable, and averaged killing myself in a fireball twice weekly.

I was proud of those shekels.

Greenhorn:
Dude, what's thrice?

Im not getting into this debate anymore than to say that many of these post state there is not a good reason to wear a backpack. I carry a backpack for the following reason:

I don't make enough money to eat out all of the time, so I have to carry a lunch box with me on trips. Its a professional looking crew lunch bag (check it out on ebags.com) all black, that fits over the handle of my roller bag. I also carry a flight case. AND, I carry a laptop. I physically cannot fit all of these things onto my suitcase. If you can come up with a way for me to fit a laptop case, my crew lunch cooler, and my flight case all onto my roller bag, I will stop carrying a laptop case that happens to be an all black backpack that matches the rest of my luggage.

GotActual? said:
Im not getting into this debate anymore than to say that many of these post state there is not a good reason to wear a backpack. I carry a backpack for the following reason:

I don't make enough money to eat out all of the time, so I have to carry a lunch box with me on trips. Its a professional looking crew lunch bag (check it out on ebags.com) all black, that fits over the handle of my roller bag. I also carry a flight case. AND, I carry a laptop. I physically cannot fit all of these things onto my suitcase. If you can come up with a way for me to fit a laptop case, my crew lunch cooler, and my flight case all onto my roller bag, I will stop carrying a laptop case that happens to be an all black backpack that matches the rest of my luggage.

Do you really carry FOUR bags with you on your Regional Jet? Where you flying that thing to? China?

FOUR BAGS??!!!

Which one do you carry your skirt in?

GotActual? said:

Sounds like you need to stop carrying either your lunchbox or your laptop. Your professional image shouldn't suffer just because you need to carry more bags than a high-maintenance woman going on a three week safari. :rolleyes:

Hey Terry, you do make quite a few good points, but i assure you one thing. Not all these pilot factories create whiny little brats that carry backpacks, and never shave. I know what you are getting at, but not everyone has the shiny jet syndrome.

Just curious, what frac did you go to?

PCL_128 said:
Sounds like you need to stop carrying either your lunchbox or your laptop. Your professional image shouldn't suffer just because you need to carry more bags than a high-maintenance woman going on a three week safari. :rolleyes:

Gulfstream 200 said:
Do you really carry FOUR bags with you on your Regional Jet? Where you flying that thing to? China?

FOUR BAGS??!!!

Which one do you carry your skirt in?

Im not high maintenance but as a female I dont wear the same pair of jeans every day of a four day.....

GotActual? said:
Im not high maintenance but as a female I dont wear the same pair of jeans every day of a four day.....

Now THAT is professional!! I hate it when crewmembers wear the same pair of jeans on the second overnight!

:rolleyes:
GotActual? said:
If you can come up with a way for me to fit a laptop case, my crew lunch cooler, and my flight case all onto my roller bag, I will stop carrying a laptop case that happens to be an all black backpack that matches the rest of my luggage.

Luggage Works (PNT) sells no backpacks. Why? Becuase thier market is professional pilots and flight attendants... Not school kids....

(they do sell a cooler type bag for food)

They have a complete and professional looking system to haul your computer, 1500w hair dryer, food, BOB, second business, full civilian outfit for each day on the road including reduced rest overnights, magazines, make up, Brad Pitt photo album, novella and all the other "stuff" including that extra "stuff". And then there are shoes.... Work shoes, evening shoes, slides, mules, sling backs, sandals, slippers, flip flops, espadrills, clogs and flats. Now lets talk colors.....

And finally hair accessories, which of course is needed for company grooming compliance.

The nice thing about it, is...you don't have to wear your luggage.

http://www.luggageworksonline.com/default.asp

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back