Pilots making the NJA/NJI move!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SafetyTheSeat said:
Well Cap if I chose to change and work out, shower and sleep that's my business.... "I'm off duty!"

If I decide to sleep in late and meet you at the bus- that's my business....

You see I'm a big boy and can decide for myself how to spend my free time...

I can also decide for myself when I'm tired or need to go to the Lav.... Don't really give a ra8s arse what you expect.... Just follow the FAR's, FOM and SOP and we will get alone fine...

I fly NJI G-5/G-4 owners 3-4 times a week and they all seem very upset when they see a flight crew wear O2 mask above FL410,,,,, What's up in NJI don't you guys wear mask above 41 on your 91 trips?

Hopefully the owners will ask you about that next time you fly'em,,, make things up wolfee you'll pretty good at it.......

They just can't see in the cockpit Dumba$$ the cabin is a good ways away. Have you never been in a Gulfstream before?

In his dreams, RTRHD, in his dreams.......

How come yo guys hude out in the airplane when passing through HPN? I saw two Gs sitting around for 3 and 4 hours at a time last tour; APU burning away, door open.

Don't you guys like to visit?

I kow the crews were onboad... every once in a while a littel head would poke out and look around only to dissapear like the head of a groundhog looking for his shadow.

If a NJI crew member sees his shadow, does he have to go in the crew room at HPN?

It not that I (speaking for myself) don't like to visit. Its just by the time you get everything cleaned up, eat, FMS loaded, charts out, charts up, there is not that much time left. The wear and tear on the APU comes from the start so if you leave it running now your stuck there. "O" yea and lets not forget Jepps. To me it just seems like there is always something to do.

Last edited:
FLYLOW22 said:
How come yo guys hude out in the airplane when passing through HPN? I saw two Gs sitting around for 3 and 4 hours at a time last tour; APU burning away, door open.

Don't you guys like to visit?

I kow the crews were onboad... every once in a while a littel head would poke out and look around only to dissapear like the head of a groundhog looking for his shadow.

If a NJI crew member sees his shadow, does he have to go in the crew room at HPN?

Now thats pretty funny!

flyjetspeed said:
Nor will the 1108 get it all their way. My guess is a compromise will ensue and both sides will not be completely satisfied with the outcome after a protracted negotiation and arbitration. Just a guess here but I see a 2 year minimum IOE period for incoming GIV Captain seats for NJA folks after this is settled just my .02.

Edited response...saw the clarification farther down the thread.

Last edited:
wolfpackpilot said:
Truth be told, TC isn’t a pilot at all. After a short stint as a professional women’s softball referee, he was a ramper for TWA in St. Louis.

He now owns and runs a small comic book shop in Indianapolis.

Dude, if you are joking that is freaking FUNNY !

If you are NOT joking and this is true...it's even FUNNIER !!!!

LMFAO....:nuts:

AA717driver said:
It's true, I was a women's softball ref in STL for awhile. I got tired of having to wear hiking boots, flannel shirts and drive a Subaru Forrester while posing as a lesbian.

I was never a ramper at TWA (my W2's are way to low for that...). I'm not smart enough to own my own business. :D

X--I'll have you know... F' it. Never mind. ;) TC

P.S.--John M. says to tell you you're an a$$**le! :cool:

DAMN IT !!! Only partially true...therefore...only partially funny...oh well...must remember to read the ENTIRE THREAD prior FIRST !!! :laugh:

It's only business...

I can say with absolute confidence the Union will invest the time, money, and additional resources required to succeed. The objective is not the force any group to unionize, but rather offer good job opportunities to those who already have.

In addition, one must analyze a growing NJA fleet and pilot group vs. a relatively stagnant fleet and growth at NJI. Before too long the NJI pilot group will be out numbered by 10 to 1. That ratio will consistently favor the NJA pilot group for the indefinite future. Who will hold the strength and influence under the NetJets Aviation, Inc. umbrella in the future?

The reality is the NJA pilots don't want to take existing NJI pilot jobs. They want to allow the NJI pilots to retain their jobs and recognize their relative seniority. The Union and NJA pilots simply want to have the Gulfstream job opportunities offered to those on the NetJets Aviation, Inc. Pilots Seniority List before being offered to pilots off the street. NJI management wants to snub their nose at union pilots and offer the Gulfstream job opportunities to pilots not on the NetJets Aviation, Inc. Pilots Seniority List. My instincts tells me those pilot will forever remember that NJI management elected to take this approach, and they will want to have this matter reconciled in the future.

I know for a fact the Union made an outstanding offer to NetJets Aviation, Inc. management during bargaining. One that will never be offered if the Union is put in a position of chasing these job opportunities down. The Union offered initial date of hire for seniority integration and to recognize NJI work rules for the work rule amalgamation which traditionally takes place during the merger process. Further, the Union offered no NJI pilot displacements. This would have provided NJI pilots with strong seniority, improved work rules, and higher wages as provided in the NetJets Aviation, Inc. Pilot CBA. For example, a Falcon 2000EX pilot makes approximately $30,000 a year more than a G-V Captain simply due to benefits and work rules. The Union offered strong improvements for NJI pilots, while showing the respect and appreciation they deserve for the work they do.

Rest assured the Union and its membership don't have any animus towards NJI pilots. We simply intend on securing the work for union pilots. It isn't if, but when. We can do this amicably, or on bad terms, but we will do this.

Respectfully, :cool:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back