Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XTW said:
How tough can the G's be? TC managed to qualify, and he's a SD3 driver!:p

Truth be told, TC isn’t a pilot at all. After a short stint as a professional women’s softball referee, he was a ramper for TWA in St. Louis.

He now owns and runs a small comic book shop in Indianapolis.

Heavy Set said:
Plus, getting that GIV/GV type rating would be quite valuable. I'm sure you could earn a pretty penny on the side with the GIV/V rating...

True and not true.

Living in TEB, PBI, LAS, VNY, HPN would have a lot to do with how much contract flying your willing (and offered) to do.

Now.... my turn to ask a question....

After the IBT gets its way with management, and everything goes their way; when do I get my Citation Ultra type rating so I can sling the gear for Fozzy, and Flylow. (and do anything else they tell me too).

wolfpackpilot said:
True and not true.

Living in TEB, PBI, LAS, VNY, HPN would have a lot to do with how much contract flying your willing (and offered) to do.

Now.... my turn to ask a question....

After the IBT gets its way with management, and everything goes their way; when do I get my Citation Ultra type rating so I can sling the gear for Fozzy, and Flylow. (and do anything else they tell me too).

You want a Citation type?

Hey I want to clarify something here. If I can go from flying that SD3 at 200 TAS to the X doing .9+ then anyone can. I'm no NASA expert just a plain ole ordinary pilot. None of what we do was invented by us. We just learned the video game rules.

I'm growing tired of the NJA guys will never by "released" Captains garbage. Most of the NJA guys heading to the G program will be senior to the guys presently flying the "netjets" G's. Yes folks the sooner we all realize that it is in fact the same company the sooner we can bury the hatchet and start working together. I mean isn't in the present G guys best interest to "teach" the new captains everything they can? It wont do anyone any good if you failed to teach them and they screw up under the "NETJETS" brand.

But of course you could always yell the crappy "I told you so" but I will be whispering in your ear it was probably your fault for not teaching him the ropes...

Happy trails sky gods all........

wolfpackpilot said:

My guess is......when your seniority will allow you to do so.

I know that actually having to pull gear for Fozzy and Flylow in a yucky little Ultra is beneath the talent of a superior Gulfstream pilot (such as yourself), but I wouldn't place it out of the realm of possibility, given that the seniority list integration issue is far from settled. What did you say your date of hire was.........??

But I digress...........This whole seniority list integration issue between NJA and NJI will be the single most important thing that will affect the quality of life (QOL) for all pilots concerned. Whether date of hire (DOH), or DOH with fences, or stapled to the bottom is decided as the integration method, I think that it would be in the best interest of both parties (especially the NJI guys) to negotiate some sort of compromise sooner, than later.

As an outsider looking in, I think that the longer the NJI pilots wait to come to the table with some sort of negotiation process to this issue, the more it will hurt them. I can't speak for the NJA pilots, but if there was no progress made on this issue 2 years and 10 months down the road, I would be not be a happy camper. I would be letting my union reps know that it's time to play hardball, and go "all in" if it comes down to a mediation board. Hopefully it won't come down to that.

The key to resolving this issue will be open communications between the pilot groups, and a willingness to compromise. Believe me, a negotiated agreement is far superior to an imposed mandate of the court/mediation board.

Last edited:
Archie Bunker said:
The key to resolving this issue will be open communications between the pilot groups, and a willingness to compromise. Believe me, a negotiated agreement is far superior to an imposed mandate of the court/mediation board.

This is not meant as a criticism, AB, but who will speak for the pilot group at NJI? They don't have a union or an association or any formal organization that I am aware of.

GVFlyer said:
Presently $1500.00 a day for an experienced GV/G550 Captain...

Did the NJI guy on board the "doomed" Nike jet get any extra pay for saving the day with his 3500/hour "captain."

Guitar Guy said:
This is not meant as a criticism, AB, but who will speak for the pilot group at NJI? They don't have a union or an association or any formal organization that I am aware of.

That is an excellent question.

I don't work for NJI, so I have no idea. Any NJI pilots care to pipe in?

Last edited:
G100driver said:
Did the NJI guy on board the "doomed" Nike jet get any extra pay for saving the day with his 3500/hour "captain."

Ooohhh.....sounds like a juicy story. Please give us the lowdown.

Latest resources

Back