• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots making the NJA/NJI move!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In very good companys you don't really need direct pilot input. It's the Chief Pilot's job to represent the crews and to hear them. At Netjets CMH that type of leadership is missing and we forget that in really good organizations, good things can happen without Unions.

I was a chief pilot before I came to Netjets. I was shocked at the lack of support or caring displayed by the management. So the reality is we must have a Union to represent us. I always considered myself a pilot's advocate first. I pushed herd for quality of life improvements, operational improvements etc... Unfortunately I really believe people like myself in Chief Pilot positions are a dying breed. Mostly by design of management.

SO forgive my peers they may have never had good leadership or management experiences. But the reality is for both NJA&I is there is a Union and it is working for our section of the company. Soon I truly belive that NJI will come into the fold, one way or another. Hate to say it but I guess the easiest thing would be for you guys to form your own now. I wouldn't trust RTS as far as I could spit and I'm sure he is playing you guys so that you don't form one yet.

ghostrider64 said:
In very good companys you don't really need direct pilot input. It's the Chief Pilot's job to represent the crews and to hear them. At Netjets CMH that type of leadership is missing and we forget that in really good organizations, good things can happen without Unions.

I was a chief pilot before I came to Netjets. I was shocked at the lack of support or caring displayed by the management. So the reality is we must have a Union to represent us. I always considered myself a pilot's advocate first. I pushed herd for quality of life improvements, operational improvements etc... Unfortunately I really believe people like myself in Chief Pilot positions are a dying breed. Mostly by design of management.

SO forgive my peers they may have never had good leadership or management experiences. But the reality is for both NJA&I is there is a Union and it is working for our section of the company. Soon I truly belive that NJI will come into the fold, one way or another. Hate to say it but I guess the easiest thing would be for you guys to form your own now. I wouldn't trust RTS as far as I could spit and I'm sure he is playing you guys so that you don't form one yet.

I have yet to work at a company where the Chef Pilot was truly a "Pilot" and not more of a "Chief".

The just like the sound of chief. Say it 5 times real fast. Sounds good. Chief... chief, chief, chief, chief.

Archie Bunker said:
Ooohhh.....sounds like a juicy story. Please give us the lowdown.

Just trying to pry it out of the NJI guys. Sounds like a pretty tight group if they are not talking.

No they just think they have their big secret and nobody knows about it.

RTS is supposed to come in on his white horse and protect all the NJI guys.

Which i don't understand how you can protect someone after you've allready sold them out.

Oh well must be the battered woman syndrome. He really loves me he just gets angry.

G4dude said:
We have lots of input, just not as a group. We negotiate and network and kibbitz and discuss and complain and applaud as individuals. We never did have the desire to be "represented" by anybody. We do not begrudge others' desire to be a member of a group, but we ourselves want to function as individuals. This culture has worked wonderfully at NJI.

Amen - couldn't say it better myself!

G100driver said:
Did the NJI guy on board the "doomed" Nike jet get any extra pay for saving the day with his 3500/hour "captain."

Yep...he got a $200,000 job!

wolfpackpilot said:
On a serious note. Anyone who comes over to fly at NJI will find the training, and the pilots top notch. Our training staff is top quality, our CP's the best in the world, and my fellow pilots are a lot of fun to work with (except 1). Anyone NJA pilot who carries himself (or her) like a normal person will receive a warm welcome...

I will say, NJA pilots will have to get use to eating dinner together... slam clickers are not tolerated.

Well Cap if I chose to change and work out, shower and sleep that's my business.... "I'm off duty!"

If I decide to sleep in late and meet you at the bus- that's my business....

You see I'm a big boy and can decide for myself how to spend my free time...

I can also decide for myself when I'm tired or need to go to the Lav.... Don't really give a ra8s arse what you expect.... Just follow the FAR's, FOM and SOP and we will get alone fine...

I fly NJI G-5/G-4 owners 3-4 times a week and they all seem very upset when they see a flight crew wear O2 mask above FL410,,,,, What's up in NJI don't you guys wear mask above 41 on your 91 trips?

Hopefully the owners will ask you about that next time you fly'em,,, make things up wolfee you'll pretty good at it.......

SafetyTheSeat said:
I can also decide for myself when I'm tired or need to go to the Lav.... Don't really give a ra8s arse what you expect.... Just follow the FAR's, FOM and SOP and we will get alone fine...

I think you just said it all Capt Safety.

Baja.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back