• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the going rate in the McDs industry is .07 and I'm paying .09, sure I might be willing to go .11, but not at the risk of shutting down. At this point, I don't think think any of us know how far apart the two groups are. Maybe they're in the same neighborhood. The idea I get reading some of these posts are that "we have a demand, and there is no negotiation room".

Just because the person in the back is wealthy, doesn't mean anything. I still think the 737 pilot is generating more revenue day to day than you do. You likely work harder and have the same ratings with more responsibilities, but the business models are different. I'll bet our maintenance costs are higher. Our utilization rate (owner vs ferry) legs is much lower. We cover those costs. Maybe you're right and the business model doesn't work. In my mind, I'd take my reasonable paycheck with career stability rather than force the best contract in the industry only to have the Obama economy catch up to us and lose my job in 3 years.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong nor am I saying you're not worth it. I just don't understand the "id rather not have a job" ideology.

300 was a number I threw out there. I have no idea what the number is.

I haven't seen any propaganda shaming anyone. There was an email recently saying talks continue beyond the 90 day window with regards to financials, but I didn't perceive it as bashing the union.

SG

That's because you think not have any proof.

Didn't you ever see the Peter Greenberg episode a day in the life of American Airlines. The plane landed and it brought 10 dollars of profit.

I'd say I generate way more profit than that after a flight.

And scheduling kickbacks don't happen at our brand. If anyone is going to say otherwise, you have 3 avenues to report it.

SG

Hahaaaa. Hahaaaa.

Jesus you don't remember the PayPal scandal?

And this may be why your oreos were ferried in on another plane. As you know our owners expect perfection with thier large investment.

Too bad there were Oreos at the destination on the plane that it was being brought to.

The owners expect perfection from the pilots.

Nobody expects perfection from Columbus. Pilots or owners.

Too bad there were Oreos at the destination on the plane that it was being brought to.

What an incredibly arrogant thing to say. Enjoy your fight. Out.

Last edited:

Funny how easy it is for the Bridgeway folks to justify such needless and enormous waste rather than fix the problem and pay their fellow employees market wages. Those fixes may even give them well deserved raises and still give the Ogre his profit.

What an incredibly arrogant thing to say. Enjoy your fight. Out.

It isn't arrogance it's the truth.

We are the last line of defense.

Perfection is synonymous with safety and everyone getting home to their families.

It isn't arrogance it's a fact and a goal for every day and every trip and every minute of that day.

That's why we are getting paid to say no when everyone around is pushing and saying yes.

Because we are the last line of defense. Perfection is what keeps us alive.

Hard to blame them. In the service industry, NOTHING is more expensive than low employee morale. It's a pricey lesson for NJ to learn, but they're learning it...slowly.

I wasn't blaming anyone for anything. You almost make it sound like airplanes break more often when morale is low.

SG

That is correct. This has to do with the egregious discrepancy between what NJ pays and what a top level professional aviator actually earns. The company needs to update their payscales to a realistic level...there's really nothing to negotiate there.

Oh but it does. It means (generally speaking) that they have the financial capacity to pay what is necessary for the product they demand...including price increases if necessary - far more so than the general public.

I don't care. There is a going rate for my services and NJ isn't paying anywhere near it. This will be remedied one way or another.

NJ does not currently pay a "reasonable" wage...not even close.

That's the only thing these people understand, so it becomes a necessary approach.

Thanks for being candid and helping me understand. The only follow up I have is your statement about how owners can afford it, so they should pay up. Should a restaurant charge its customers based on their ability to pay? If you and I go in there, should you get charged more than me for the same plate?

SG

Funny. The company-imposed deadline passes and the management FUD machine starts back up, right on schedule.

Who was spreading FUD? I've asked a few questions after seeing the "shut this place down" comments. I haven't disagreed nor told anyone they're wrong...just asking questions. I'm not seeing much else interest aside from myself. All I said was give it a little time. Both sides started at step one 90 days ago. It didn't get done, so give them a little time. I believe the EMT wants to resolve this too.

SG

Latest resources

Back