• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If any legacy carrier pilots are reading this, how many hours per year on average do you fly? I'm going to take a wild guess and say ours fly maybe 400 hours per year?

SG

The idea I get reading some of these posts are that "we have a demand, and there is no negotiation room".

That is correct. This has to do with the egregious discrepancy between what NJ pays and what a top level professional aviator actually earns. The company needs to update their payscales to a realistic level...there's really nothing to negotiate there.

Just because the person in the back is wealthy, doesn't mean anything.

Oh but it does. It means (generally speaking) that they have the financial capacity to pay what is necessary for the product they demand...including price increases if necessary - far more so than the general public.

I still think the 737 pilot is generating more revenue day to day than you do. You likely work harder and have the same ratings with more responsibilities, but the business models are different. I'll bet our maintenance costs are higher. Our utilization rate (owner vs ferry) legs is much lower. We cover those costs.

I don't care. There is a going rate for my services and NJ isn't paying anywhere near it. This will be remedied one way or another.

In my mind, I'd take my reasonable paycheck with career stability rather than force the best contract in the industry only to have the Obama economy catch up to us and lose my job in 3 years.

NJ does not currently pay a "reasonable" wage...not even close.

I just don't understand the "id rather not have a job" ideology.

That's the only thing these people understand, so it becomes a necessary approach.

Yes. Some of our pilots have extremely poor luck when it comes to finding an airplane they can fly. We'll leave it at that.

Hard to blame them. In the service industry, NOTHING is more expensive than low employee morale. It's a pricey lesson for NJ to learn, but they're learning it...slowly.

Wait, are you saying that on demand versus commercial is apples and oranges?

SG

The revenue stream in the fractional model continues month to month whether or not the jet flies. Monthly management fees continue regardless of time flown, and that is where pilot income comes out of. Airlines rely on selling tickets day by day. Ours are sold in five year blocks.

For the record, venue means squat, PROFIT is where the CASH is. Let there be zero doubt, at NJA profits are outpacing the majors, and they've paid off $2billion in debt in 5 years.... Hello! That's flying tiny little jets. The majors would be creaming themselves with those kind of profits!

Funny. The company-imposed deadline passes and the management FUD machine starts back up, right on schedule.

The revenue stream in the fractional model continues month to month whether or not the jet flies. Monthly management fees continue regardless of time flown, and that is where pilot income comes out of. Airlines rely on selling tickets day by day. Ours are sold in five year blocks.

And this may be why your oreos were ferried in on another plane. As you know our owners expect perfection with thier large investment.

Latest resources

Back