Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hahaaaa. Hahaaaa.

Jesus you don't remember the PayPal scandal?

Was that when 2 schedulers were investigated something about mortgage payments or something? Those two were out of work for a month pending investigation. The investigation tried to determine if a certain scheduler was getting money for mortgage payments...even though she didn't have a mortgage.

If it were true, that was more than 10 years ago anyway. If you think something is going on now, report it.

SG

What an incredibly arrogant thing to say. Enjoy your fight. Out.

They are arrogant people, what do you expect? They think everyone in CMH is their enemy and don't hesitate to tell everyone who reads this forum how inept we are. They can do that when they are perfect.

SG

Was that when 2 schedulers were investigated something about mortgage payments or something? Those two were out of work for a month pending investigation. The investigation tried to determine if a certain scheduler was getting money for mortgage payments...even though she didn't have a mortgage.

If it were true, that was more than 10 years ago anyway. If you think something is going on now, report it.

SG

Lol that was nice revisionist history.

Try two schedulers with a pay pal account for extended days.

If any legacy carrier pilots are reading this, how many hours per year on average do you fly? I'm going to take a wild guess and say ours fly maybe 400 hours per year?

SG

But we're on DUTY way more than any major airline pilot. And I KNOW that because I am married to a retired Northwest pilot.

I guess. I don't know the details. My point was it isn't happening now.

SG

Oh that was your point? I was confused by the lack of facts and knowledge.

f29c61bff2c4319e8fbf27b6c9551e47.jpg

Oh that was your point? I was confused by the lack of facts and knowledge.

f29c61bff2c4319e8fbf27b6c9551e47.jpg

The first mention of it was corruption in scheduling. I said it isn't happening now. Yes that was my point. Then someone wanted to bring up ancient history. I said I knew of it, but didn't know the details...it's irrelevant now anyways. I keep forgetting that in your eyes you know everything. Only your viewpoint counts.

If you want to discuss that situation, how do you know your facts are correct? Both employees returned, and they're not even protected. So tell me some facts and how did you get details of an internal investigation?
SG

Thanks for being candid and helping me understand. The only follow up I have is your statement about how owners can afford it, so they should pay up. Should a restaurant charge its customers based on their ability to pay? If you and I go in there, should you get charged more than me for the same plate?

SG

Of course not.

But if I choose to dine at a Ruth's Chris Steak House I expect to pay a great deal more than at a TGI Fridays. And if Ruth's Chris Steak House says it's raising its rates a little in order to attract and retain the best chefs, well, if I'm able to afford to dine there already I doubt a 10-15% hike on prices will slow me down.

If I've CHOSEN to spend a great deal more money for a fine dining experience, then I don't mind paying what it takes to be provided with the best dining experience possible.

I find it hard to believe that the owners in our program, who have paid millions for a share, pay monthly management fees, and pay pricey hourly fees would really balk at paying, day, an extra $80k/year to insure they continue to be flown by the most experienced pilots around. While that sounds like a lot of money, it's pocket change to these individuals and companies. It's the equivalent of Delta raising fares by $20-$50 for us.

My bigger concern isn't whether they'll pay more for great pilots, it's that our company isn't providing them the value they expect for the money. Unfortunately, as pilots we don't control that part of the equation. We only know what our going rate is. Well, most of us anyway.

The first mention of it was corruption in scheduling. I said it isn't happening now. Yes that was my point. Then someone wanted to bring up ancient history. I said I knew of it, but didn't know the details...it's irrelevant now anyways. I keep forgetting that in your eyes you know everything. Only your viewpoint counts.

If you want to discuss that situation, how do you know your facts are correct? Both employees returned, and they're not even protected. So tell me some facts and how did you get details of an internal investigation?

SG

Yeah because nj is great at keeping secrets. Both employees returned because they had to bring them back. Too many people involved.

I think the only thing that was really hurt was the wall.

Nothing is irrelevant because if we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it. I guess if hansel had done a little more studying his history he would have learned something from Boisture.

Oh well I'm sure he loves running his little office in Columbus. Shame he had to sell that nice house though.

Latest resources

Back