• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots at Airtran pick up open time???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with all of these guys. It happened to me at Midwest during my 1st furlough. As I was turning in my ID on the day of my furlough, there were pilots picking up opentime at the same time! I don't see this ever changing.

This thread can be the official thread to list the names of the SOB's who pick up open time during these times. Just put their names, positions and airlines on this thread. Hopefully it will be a short thread but I doubt it.

I better not see a Captain showing up for my right seat who hasn't been displaced!!!! (and I know who they are)

ualdriver, the problem is that there are a lot more of the kind of guys that will do this sort of thing at AAI than at other carriers. At UAL, you have a small group that will do it, but we have a large number of them, especially on the Captain side.

I keep telling you guys to clean up the A holes in your training department. They spread the Fud.

Get rid of them.

Just to clarify here...Swapping trips for different lengths of pairings or different days is ok. At the end of the month, one should have the same amount of flying they had at the beginning of the month. I pick up open time, but it is after I have dropped the trips I do not want.

I believe it is wrong to pick up any extra time.

Captains who are flying in the right seat ought to have something slashed in the parking lot when they get back from their trip.

The AAI union leadership allowed the company to violate its own contact.

All training was contracted to be done by line pilots not contractors. But instead the union allowed management to disregard that provision because they threatened to fire instead of furlough the 180 pilots.

So the union allowed the contractors to remain in the training department and the FO were furloughed instead of fired. Nice.

Now the line pilots are making less because their not in the training department and the furloughed pilots don't have a legitimate lawsuit as they would have had if they had been fired without line pilots being put in the training department.

Airline union leadership is worthless.

Scarlet, careful. You'll get a vacation (unpaid) from FlightInfo. One of the forum rules, can't list names here in a derogatory way.

Nothing stopping you from doing so on the internal boards, however. Feel free to post it on BD's board, I don't think he'd care, nor would the other mods (myself included). Something I think should happen sooner than later.

And yes, I've flown with that CA you're speaking of.

I have no heartburn if someone does a vertical trade or swaps some days around, as long as they don't vary a large amount (more than an hour or so) from their original Line Value. Guys and gals shouldn't have to suffer just because they weren't furloughed, but they shouldn't BENEFIT because people were furloughed and they can pad their wallet.

On a related note, I hope Christine Janning is on this board. SHE ROCKS! Other pilots should have the testicular fortitude that this girl exudes. Her husband should be proud of a wife being that dedicated to standing up for what is right, even if she's now the sole bread winner and has painted a target on herself!

"She flies, she fries... she's the queen of the skies!" (And I mean that affectionately). :D

ualdriver, the problem is that there are a lot more of the kind of guys that will do this sort of thing at AAI than at other carriers. At UAL, you have a small group that will do it, but we have a large number of them, especially on the Captain side.

Sorry to hear that...

Yeah he was in right seat in AUG...??

I never said anything bad about him, just stated he was in the right seat......

Latest resources

Back