Pilots at Airtran pick up open time???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

There have been many people picking up open time, as the company had many 90+ hour lines in sept as well !!! ?????????????? While alot of us lose our jobs and it ruins our credit!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain (deleted)is picking up trips in the right seat!!!!!!! TOTAL SCAB !!!!!!!

While 174 pilots are on the street as of tomorrow!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scab leadership and plenty of scab captains. This doesn't surprise me. Is AP picking up as much time as posible in open time. Oh yeah I remember the loser captains saying we will upgrade in three years and they deserve the $30 raise and the new hires will get a $7 an hour pay cut and worse health insurance.
I'm sorry for all the FO's who have to fly with these Losers!!!!

I think every FO should be sick and tired of this BS. I know I will not be able to fly.

We need to start a list of who's doing this. I've overheard some guys saying there still going to pick up overtime regardless of the furloughs. I also know guys who kiss scheduling's ass and send them pizzas etc just to get trips. Pretty unbelievable.

This kind of sh!t happens EVERYWHERE...... My so called delta "brethren" flew in excess of 5000 hours of open time PER MONTH while we were all furloughed. Its messed up, but there is nothing thats going to stop these scabs from having their ME attitude throughout their careers.

You should hear my Jetblue buddies b!tching about the company NOT furloughing. I was shocked to hear this king of crap from these guys. They are getting their hours cut back to 70 hours and they think they "the senior guys" should be able to fly as much as they can while the junior guy gets furloughed.... Their reasoning was the fact that they don't make their "real" money till they break 70 hours..... unfreakingbelievable..... its a new era of selfishness out there....

Sorry to hear about your furloughs and good luck....

Net

ps Making a list means absolutely nothing, rememeber.... ALPO set a new precedent when they let all the CAL SCABS back into their little corrupt club.... So make all the lists that you want, but like I said before.... this is a new era of selfishness.....

Last edited:
We need to start a list of who's doing this. I've overheard some guys saying there still going to pick up overtime regardless of the furloughs. I also know guys who kiss scheduling's ass and send them pizzas etc just to get trips. Pretty unbelievable.

Wow... even my regional has a policy of scheduling not accepting gifts....

Problem is... when you send a cheese pizza it only sets the base... next time you call sched will want a supreme pizza, then next month you gotta send two pizza....

Problem is... your fellow pilot keeps raising the ante....sending in better pizzas than you...

and you know someone is going to start spanking that fat chick scheduler..... so.... do YOU want to sleep with her to get the trips you want....

We have pilots here at United doing it as well (we call it JRM/SRM), and it's absolutely pathetic. It's a very professional cockpit (and that's it) when those losers fly with me.

I've come to the conclusion that there are a certain percentage of guys of any pilot group, no matter how unified you are, that are going to screw over their peers despite the obvious implications of their behavior. The best you can do is discuss it with them (without getting yourselves dragged into Court as we are) and hope they change their tune.

There have been many people picking up open time, as the company had many 90+ hour lines in sept as well !!! ?????????????? While alot of us lose our jobs and it ruins our credit!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain (deleted)is picking up trips in the right seat!!!!!!! TOTAL SCAB !!!!!!!

While 174 pilots are on the street as of tomorrow!!!

Something or someone gave you an attitude adjustment. Bravo.

We need to understand that the term "unified" only goes as far as how it affects us personally. When we vote yes or no on a contract we make our decision based on personal choice. If the entire pilot group votes no on a T/A we appear to be unified. In reality the T/A was bad for everyone. This is not the military; your leaders (management) are not looking after your well being. When I look at a vote my first thoughts are how does this affect me? I want every one to get a fair deal but a contract will never be all things to all people. The only time any group will be unified is when they are all getting screwed.

As far as pizza and personal favors, that is wrong.

No open time pick up while a single pilot is on the street!!! Any extension is likely to cause personal hardship too.

Latest resources

Back