• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots at Airtran pick up open time???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to clarify here...Swapping trips for different lengths of pairings or different days is ok. At the end of the month, one should have the same amount of flying they had at the beginning of the month. I pick up open time, but it is after I have dropped the trips I do not want.

I believe it is wrong to pick up any extra time.

Captains who are flying in the right seat ought to have something slashed in the parking lot when they get back from their trip.

Yeah, something just under their head. I hate this place. Too many Captains above 7 years seniority just a bunch of rednecks from GA. What a ********************hole place. I hate all these fvkrs and (insert Michael Richards quote here)

Last edited:
ualdriver, the problem is that there are a lot more of the kind of guys that will do this sort of thing at AAI than at other carriers. At UAL, you have a small group that will do it, but we have a large number of them, especially on the Captain side.

Why is that??

Scarlet, careful. You'll get a vacation (unpaid) from FlightInfo. One of the forum rules, can't list names here in a derogatory way.

Nothing stopping you from doing so on the internal boards, however. Feel free to post it on BD's board, I don't think he'd care, nor would the other mods (myself included). Something I think should happen sooner than later.

And yes, I've flown with that CA you're speaking of.

I have no heartburn if someone does a vertical trade or swaps some days around, as long as they don't vary a large amount (more than an hour or so) from their original Line Value. Guys and gals shouldn't have to suffer just because they weren't furloughed, but they shouldn't BENEFIT because people were furloughed and they can pad their wallet.

On a related note, I hope Christine Janning is on this board. SHE ROCKS! Other pilots should have the testicular fortitude that this girl exudes. Her husband should be proud of a wife being that dedicated to standing up for what is right, even if she's now the sole bread winner and has painted a target on herself!

Correct sir!! I did that ONCE,not even in a derogatory manner (put an emp# with it..bad juju)

I was back in ATL cleaning out my crash pad and on the bus back to the terminal, I was talking to an FO who was talking about picking up some open time because he can't survive on 70 hrs. I told him to try and make it on 0 hrs and as long as people have that attitude we'll be on the street even longer. What a tool!!!

(AT club 169)

Yeah, something just under their head. I hate this place. Too many Captains above 7 years seniority just a bunch of rednecks from GA. What a ********************hole place. I hate all these fvkrs and (insert Michael Richards quote here)

It isn't news that you would post something like this. Remember do not judge, for you may be judged. If you are at AirTran and you haven't quit, you need to do so today.

Perhaps you need to go work someplace else...

Scarlet, careful. You'll get a vacation (unpaid) from FlightInfo. One of the forum rules, can't list names here in a derogatory way.

. :D

This is a good example of why we're all such a bunch of pu$$ieS. Putting those names on here would not be "in a derogatory way".

If it is a fact that someone picked up open time, it is a fact. They made a decision to pick up an open trip. It is not a privileged piece of information.

It is really the same as posting lists of sexual offenders. The courts have ruled that to be just fine.

The lawyers have made everyone in this country scared of their own shadows.

PIPE

ualdriver, the problem is that there are a lot more of the kind of guys that will do this sort of thing at AAI than at other carriers. At UAL, you have a small group that will do it, but we have a large number of them, especially on the Captain side.

You hit the nail on the head. It's a common trait of an EAL scab.

You hit the nail on the head. It's a common trait of an EAL scab.
The number of EAL scabs here is no more than 1% of the total pilot group. How many still remain at CAL? How about at UAL?

The problem is not the 1% of scabs. Their silent minority no longer influences anyone since they find themselves vastly outnumbered.

The problem is the attitude of fear, complacency, and selfishness that their presence here over the years has fostered. That cancer is going to require major surgery to rectify.

Fortunately for us, we have a lot of very good doctors here. Just give them a scalpal and let them get to work.

Is there a hidden meaning in this? You bet there is.

Latest resources

Back