• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots at Airtran pick up open time???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The number of EAL scabs here is no more than 1% of the total pilot group. How many still remain at CAL? How about at UAL?

The problem is not the 1% of scabs. Their silent minority no longer influences anyone since they find themselves vastly outnumbered.

The problem is the attitude of fear, complacency, and selfishness that their presence here over the years has fostered. That cancer is going to require major surgery to rectify.

Fortunately for us, we have a lot of very good doctors here. Just give them a scalpal and let them get to work.

Is there a hidden meaning in this? You bet there is.

Worst thing is most of em are in the training Department. They control the checkride! Pink Slips. You guys need to get them out soon!

Agree completely, gearup5. Much over guarantee with 169 on the street tells Mgmt that you support them 100% and will be happy to pick up the slack.

Personally dropped two 4-days and picked up a two day (net loss of 32 hours) on the 28th of Aug. at noon for the Sept. bid. I'm not going to benefit financially on the backs of the 169 furloughed.

Burgundy...What's this about being a "Registered User" I see under so many peoples names here? What is it we are supposed to be using?

Is that like a "Registered Offender" or what?

Remember..."Vote for Pedro" and buy my Shirts.

The Lover of Whine,

Big R

I say "deport pedro", just my opinion. However, I have purchased several of your shirts from the website and I gotta say..quality shirts (for a t-shirt).

As far as user/offender, I can neither confirm nor deny any of the said allegations. I just do what I do man. That's how I roll!

Personally dropped two 4-days and picked up a two day (net loss of 32 hours) on the 28th of Aug. at noon for the Sept. bid. I'm not going to benefit financially on the backs of the 169 furloughed.

Management is glad you are doing this as it helps reduce costs. By you dropping these trips, they don't have to pay you for going over 70 and instead they can preassign these trips to reserves who weren't going to credit over 70 hours this month anyway.

We already had the arguement on the NPA forum about everyone flying 60-65 hours and keeping everyone on the property (like Jetblue is doing). Mike Best said it would bankrupt half our pilots so he wasn't in support of it. Thus management built the lines to a normal LVI value for September creating a crapload of reserve pilots.

The companies know what they need to furlough to reduce costs to an acceptable level. I don't see picking up open time as keeping you on the street. Those trips are going to be flown no matter what.

Why shouldn't the senior guys still be able to fly as much as they want? Everybody always talks about the benefits of seniority but why should a senior pilot suffer? Its not his fault you got hired after he did.

That's what's wrong with the whole world, it's everyone for himself regardless of how it affects others.

Latest resources

Back