Pilots are pathetic bottomfeeders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nindiri said:
Can you summarize that in bullet-point form? I'm much too lazy to read the entire thing.
He's a regional FO complaining that pilots are happy to work for nothing, he advocates scabs being "beaten to death" and thinks that if Duane Worth goes to jail we'll all get big pay raises.

That's the meat of it, anyway.

:rolleyes:

Who has a list of current regionals that are hiring? I need a job.

The RichardRambone airline school is hiring guys. Its a PFT where you pay me 25,000 and Ill bi$ch at you from the left seat of our Bonanza on how we dont make any dough. Then we can go home and feel just like a Regional.

hockeypilot44 said:
By the way, I am saving up as much money as I can right now so I can start my own restaurant and quit this god dam job.

I think that is a fantastic idea! My family has been in the restaurant business for almost thirty years and I know exactly what you are saying as far as the pilot vs. restaurant thing...especially in the pay arena.:rolleyes:

Hopefully your customers will have a less negative reaction to you than your fellow crewmembers.

Best of luck!

Beertini

crashpad said:
Hockey Is Correct!

I do feel that while the commuter pilots started the race to the bottom, the responsibility for this entire mess ultimately rests on every major airline pilot. They were only thinking of themselves when they could have been showing their combined strength to help their fellow pilots. We/They derserve this!

I also beleive it will be the commuter pilots, not 'the big boys', who will someday return this industry to a place where fellow employees and customers snap to attention when we are present.

I completely agree, with the correction "the commuter pilots (most of whom are now major airline pilots) started the race to the bottom." People like to look down on the new FOs continuing to lower the bar, but forget that the attitude used to be "do what you gotta do to get time. The pain will only be temporary" with no thought of future ramifications. Now it's "I can't believe you don't know your own self worth, you piece of garbage."

Shut the hell up. As a 2 year FO you dont even have enough seniority to have an opinion. What do you think that what you are saying is a newsflash to anyone in the airline industry?

the same complaints you have come from teachers ("I dont get paid enough to deal with these damn kids..."), from social workers("I dont get paid enough to deal with abusive families..."), etc.

You took the job, just like they did, because you love it (flying). It's a great job when the wheels are up...I'm fairly certain you were aware of the wages when you were researching the industry. You have only yourself to blame.

Now go shut up and upgrade and make all your FO's miserable...

Hockey is right. Everyone that believes that unions make a differences is blind. If, When the NWA Mec. fail to have an impact with there strike, management will win. This Win is going to be echoed from every union carrier. They know that they have us and we can't do anything about it unless we come together. I have worked for three ALPA carriers and where has that got me? Laid off, with no desire to seek more torture because of the spiral and QOL at the airlines. For all the people calling hockey a baby look at yourself. He's the only one smart enough to speak out and stress the impact that everyone else can't or doesn't want to see.

the mechs and aircraft cleaners don't have as much vested as the pilots do. An A&P could easily get a job at a BMW dealer and make the same if not more. An aircraft cleaner probably didn't spend much toward their training. It's not so easy for a pilot to make a lateral move. Wherever you go, you have to start at the bottom again. I don't blame them for striking, they can easily get a job somewhere else doing something similar for better pay.

Latest resources

Back