Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots allegedly report Ron White for Marijuana possession?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Legal/Illegal is not what makes something a drug and not a drug.

I get the impression that in your case, it is really less about legal/illegal, and more about moral issues, in that marijauna is for you something very immoral.

However, that is not the same thing as it being relatively unsafe, or that it should be illegal.

It is about both. But for the record. Subject of the thread. I would not have called the cops over that minor of an amount. If I thought he had a brick of Coke, I would call on the flight phone to make sure they were standing by. Light it in flight, Land nearest suitable airport.

Again ... innybody hazard a guess what the liability might be with the FAA if a pax is carrying and you're PICing?

Please elaborate on that...

Page 20050) Deaths In 1999, DAWN (Drug Abuse Warning Network) data reported by medical examiners show that out of 664 marijuana-related deaths, there were 187 deaths where marijuana was the only drug reported.
HARMS FROM MARIJUANA

(Page 20042) List of Harms
“The mental and behavioral effects of marijuana can vary widely among individuals, but common responses, described by Wills (1998) and others (Adams and Martin 1996; Hollister 1986a, 1988a; Institute of Medicine 1982) are listed below:
(1) Dizziness, nausea, tachycardia, facial flushing, dry mouth and tremor can occur initially
(2) Merriment, happiness and even exhilaration at high doses
(3) Disinhibition, relaxation, increased sociability, and talkativeness
(4) Enhanced sensory perception, giving rise to increased appreciation of music, art and touch
(5) Heightened imagination leading to a subjective sense of increased creativity
(6) Time distortions
(7) Illusions, delusions and hallucinations are rare except at high doses
(8) Impaired judgement, reduced co-ordination and ataxia, which can impede driving ability or lead to an increase in risk-taking behavior
(9) Emotional lability, incongruity of affect, dysphoria, disorganized thinking, inability to converse logically, agitation, paranoia, confusion, restlessness, anxiety, drowsiness and panic attacks may occur, especially in inexperienced users or in those who have taken a large dose
(10) Increased appetite and short-term memory impairment are common”

Latest resources

Back