Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots allegedly report Ron White for Marijuana possession?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It goes way deeper than that my friend. Read some of the other threads.

The point I am making, is that the most commonly bragged about kind of drug abuse on here, is boozing it up hard and heavy on overnights, which is actually far worse than someone having a joint.

Am I confortable with the idea of an entertainer, having enough pot to have a couple joints. Yes, I am.

Name 1 place it is illegal.

Cup of coffee in hand to answer your question.

Now again, step away from that bong.

What is and isn't legal is arbitrary. Caffeine is a drug, yet it is legal. Alcohol was once an illegal substance. Some countries have incredibly lax laws governing things like prostitution and marijuana like the Netherlands and Canada for instance.

This actually brings up a question I've asked local corp and 135 guys about, with little success. I'll ask it here ...

If I am PIC on a P210 or B58 carrying a passenger to Pig Poker County Municipal Airport and Bowling Alley, and my passenger has schedule II narcotics on his person or in his bags, and I know absolutely nothing about it, and if he is popped as he walks off the aircraft ... what is my most probable liability, with respect to the FAA? Howzat work?

Name 1 place it is illegal.

Cup of coffee in hand to answer your question.

Now again, step away from that bong.

Legal/Illegal is not what makes something a drug and not a drug.

I get the impression that in your case, it is really less about legal/illegal, and more about moral issues, in that marijauna is for you something very immoral.

However, that is not the same thing as it being relatively unsafe, or that it should be illegal.

What is and isn't legal is arbitrary. Caffeine is a drug, yet it is legal. Alcohol was once an illegal substance. Some countries have incredibly lax laws governing things like prostitution and marijuana like the Netherlands and Canada for instance.

Then if that is what you are in favor of, then please move there.

For the record ... I don't smoke dope and only rarely drink alcohol, but I don't judge what other people do. A lot of my friends get high. It's on them. Personal responsibility and all that. But a person's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness ends where it begins to directly affect my own rights and privileges.

If a passenger lights up on my flight, I am going to ask only once for him to stop and put it away asap. If he refuses ... I am making a radio call and heading to the nearest airport. No one is putting my cert in jeopardy cuz they can't go a couple hours without lighting up.

This actually brings up a question I've asked local corp and 135 guys about, with little success. I'll ask it here ...

If I am PIC on a P210 or B58 carrying a passenger to Pig Poker County Municipal Airport and Bowling Alley, and my passenger has schedule II narcotics on his person or in his bags, and I know absolutely nothing about it, and if he is popped as he walks off the aircraft ... what is my most probable liability, with respect to the FAA? Howzat work?

Interesting point. Pharmaceuticals are widely abused due to their grey area of being legal yet, as a controlled substance.

What 400A doesn't realize is that pharmaceutical companies are like huge drug cartels. People are getting wasted on these things left and right, yet it is legal with a prescription. So do you condone the usage of these mind altering and addictive pharmaceuticals too, just because the gov't gave it approval?

BTW, 400A - do some research on hemp and it's place in U.S. history. You might be enlightened.

Latest resources

Back