Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots allegedly report Ron White for Marijuana possession?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hell, I've had a azzhole passenger that my boss told us to fly to St. Thomas, he was an executive of one of his real estate companies. The azzhole brought back 50 cuban cigars hidden in his dirty laundry bag. Luckily that jerk-off got through customs or we might have had a lot to answer to. He told us about them when we got into the car to leave the airport. We didn't know and I'm sure he would have told customs that and signed a statement saying we didn't know. I doubt seriously if any prosecutor would go after us.

Here we go. Its ALWAYS at the discretion of an arresting officer to do as he pleases. To arrest the crew for what amounted to a single joint of MJ, would make that cop the laughing stock of the department.

Let me further try to educate you on how law enforcment has flexibility built it.
If a Part 91 plane fly's in from Columbia and customs finds a duffle bag full of cocaine, the crew will most definitely be detained and depending on the circumstances could get charged along with the owner of the bag. Part 91 regs (you may want to read them) says crewmembers CAN BE held rersponsible for anything illegal on a plane.

It would be pretty crappy if some rich owner carried a kilo of cocaine in from another country, with his pilots truly not knowing, and those pilots go to prison for 10 years and never fly a plane again when they get out.

LAW EMFORCEMENT HAS THE DISCRETION TO AS THEY PLEASE after they complete an investigation.

Jeez!

I think your making MY point hotrod.

You can play the numbers game all you want and twist the meaning in percentages.

50,000 dead from alcohol

10 dead from MJ

Which line would you want to be standing in?

Well, if you had looked at the links above, you would know that the actually deaths is below 40K and MJ is nearly 5,000. Now, if you take the number of people that use alcohol and divide it by the number of deaths and then do the same for MJ, you will find that you are 250% more likely to die from MJ use than Alcohol use.

Well, if you had looked at the links above, you would know that the actually deaths is below 40K and MJ is nearly 5,000. Now, if you take the number of people that use alcohol and divide it by the number of deaths and then do the same for MJ, you will find that you are 250% more likely to die from MJ use than Alcohol use.

Thats a ridiculous statement. I am never around or associated with MJ losers, therefore my chances of having anything ever happen to me in any way shape or form...from MJ....is zero.

As far as alcohol is concerned, I probably spend $200 a month on cabs when me and my friends go out to drink at bars or clubs, so its also remote that anything will happen from alcohol. But my chances are better from alcohol since I am around it every weekend on some level......so..........

Last edited:
Wrong again when that second hand smoke makes you bust a piss test and you lose your job and license.

Many a pilot who actually did toke on some MJ and tested positive have *claimed* it was second hand smoke. Research was done and it was determined that it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to detect MJ from only contact highs or second hand smoke.

In order for one to test positive for the metabolics of cannabis, you would have to be closed in for MANY hours in a room FULL of HEAVY second and smoke. The circumstances where second hand smoke actually showed up on an intital screening are so unlikely, that the court would not buy it. You can look all this up.

There was one incident several years ago at CAL where an FO tested positive. He lost his job, etc. But ended up getting it back as he claimed his wife received some brownies which he had some of. Unbeknownst to him :erm: , these were pot brownies.

Part 91 flying is the only Part that holds crews responsible for whats found on a plane that is illegal.

I think you are wrong on this, parts of part 91 apply to 135 operations also, namely when 135 doesn't have guidance on a particular reg. Also, 91.19 states "Knowingly carries" If part 135 doesn't have a reg that supersedes 91.19 , then 91.19 applies to part 135 also.

Anyone?

Last edited:
I think you are wrong on this, parts of part 91 apply to 135 operations also, namely when 135 doesn't have guidance on a particular reg. Also, 91.19 states "Knowingly carries" If part 135 doesn't have a reg that supersedes 91.19 , then 91.19 applies to part 135 also.

Anyone?

It doesn't matter what Part a pilot is operating under, if they KNOWINGLY carry illegal drugs on board, they are going to be arrested and charged.

91.19 simply states that a crew member cannot operate an aircraft if he/she KNOWS there are drugs on board. Period.

What I was saying is that: If a crewmember DOES NOT have any knowledge that drugs are on board, they are NOT held responsible in any way, Part 135.
But Part 91, at the discretion of the arresting law enforcment agency, after they do some investigating, CAN arrest and charge the crew as well. Even if the crew says they had no knowledge.

When one of our Part 135 paying passengers brought $410,000 in cash through US Customs, and he turned out to be a known drug trafficker and was arrested, I learned all about this issue.

Page 20050) Deaths In 1999, DAWN (Drug Abuse Warning Network) data reported by medical examiners show that out of 664 marijuana-related deaths, there were 187 deaths where marijuana was the only drug reported.
HARMS FROM MARIJUANA

(Page 20042) List of Harms
“The mental and behavioral effects of marijuana can vary widely among individuals, but common responses, described by Wills (1998) and others (Adams and Martin 1996; Hollister 1986a, 1988a; Institute of Medicine 1982) are listed below:
(1) Dizziness, nausea, tachycardia, facial flushing, dry mouth and tremor can occur initially
(2) Merriment, happiness and even exhilaration at high doses
(3) Disinhibition, relaxation, increased sociability, and talkativeness
(4) Enhanced sensory perception, giving rise to increased appreciation of music, art and touch
(5) Heightened imagination leading to a subjective sense of increased creativity
(6) Time distortions
(7) Illusions, delusions and hallucinations are rare except at high doses
(8) Impaired judgement, reduced co-ordination and ataxia, which can impede driving ability or lead to an increase in risk-taking behavior
(9) Emotional lability, incongruity of affect, dysphoria, disorganized thinking, inability to converse logically, agitation, paranoia, confusion, restlessness, anxiety, drowsiness and panic attacks
may occur, especially in inexperienced users or in those who have taken a large dose
(10) Increased appetite and short-term memory impairment are common”

The older couple down the street appear to have those same symptoms, I'd better notify the authorities!

Latest resources

Back