• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots against JBPA (jetblue union)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about some facts on how much this JBPA thing is going to cost-- they say 1% of my gross salary/year will be the dues-- crap, if everyone made a combined average of $100,000/year (and thats probably close) that would only generate $1.9 million to run a union... (that's assuming all 1900 will become members) Um, that doesn't even fund the "war chest" the company provides for free now... Nor will it even come close to paying all the lawyers, office fees, or union leaders' lunches... Many years ago when SWA was given money to start a union, wasn't that figure around $10 million 30 years ago?SO, how much are our "special assessments going to be to really start off an in-house union? Is it going to be what I put aside for my daughter's college? Will we in a couple of years, when dissastisfied with JBPA because they couldn't provide anything for us, be in Airtran's shoes-- looking to trade unions... I guess only a Navy guy could understand the humor in this...

OK, you convinced me!!!

We need ALPA's warchest. 2% for access to ALPA's $$ and resources. DONE! Thanks for your help!!

OK, you convinced me!!!

We need ALPA's warchest. 2% for access to ALPA's $$ and resources. DONE! Thanks for your help!!

Of all the ACA/Indy Air people we picked up, I've only flown with 2 that I would consider worthy by character standards... All the others, are very ungrateful that Jetblue took them on after their demise.

How about some facts on how much this JBPA thing is going to cost-- they say 1% of my gross salary/year will be the dues-- crap, if everyone made a combined average of $100,000/year (and thats probably close) that would only generate $1.9 million to run a union... (that's assuming all 1900 will become members) Um, that doesn't even fund the "war chest" the company provides for free now... Nor will it even come close to paying all the lawyers, office fees, or union leaders' lunches... Many years ago when SWA was given money to start a union, wasn't that figure around $10 million 30 years ago?SO, how much are our "special assessments going to be to really start off an in-house union? Is it going to be what I put aside for my daughter's college? Will we in a couple of years, when dissastisfied with JBPA because they couldn't provide anything for us, be in Airtran's shoes-- looking to trade unions... I guess only a Navy guy could understand the humor in this...

That statement alone tells me how disconnected you are from 2/3 of this pilot group. I'm a 3rd year FO and I don't make anywhere near $100K. A handful of our super senior Airbus FO's might be near $100K if they are working their tails off. Our 190 CAs aren't averaging anything near $100K either. Don't even get me started about the 190 FOs. Most of them will be lucky to make $50K. The only folks making any real bank at JetBlue are senior CAs living in base, gaming PTX, and picking up RSA's The rest of us aren't doing nearly as well as the upper 5%. My guess is the average Airbus CA here makes about $125-130K. Only a select few do much better than that. There is no way the average pilot wage at this company is close to $100K.

Last edited:
Sort of like the abundance of super senior B6 turds that couldn't get hired anywhere else before 9/11.

very true!

M

Of all the ACA/Indy Air people we picked up, I've only flown with 2 that I would consider worthy by character standards... All the others, are very ungrateful that Jetblue took them on after their demise.

There is an interesting dynamic that occurs when proud airline pilots lose their company, seniority and slide back in pay and status.

Some Indy Air pilots went to Netjets as well. Often a NJA (or JB) CA would be less experienced than the Indy Air transplant. First off it is quite humbling to start over, but then to be treated as inferior by your inferior is quite frustrating.

It is not that the more experienced Indy Air CA is now a less experienced CA's FO, it is the way the NJA or JB Captains treats the FO.

It could all be resolved by the NJA or JB CA simply asking his/her FO "What is your experience?"

Any good CRM program would be having a majority of CAs doing this anyway. As a CA wouldn't you want to know if this guy can hand fly the jet, single pilot down to mins at JFK?

Any Indy pilot could, just as any JB pilot could.

The reason you have not meet agreeable Indy Air pilots is because:

1. They are being treated like low time FO's. Ask them who they are and where they come from. It is win/win for all.

2. When an experienced pilot, loses his job and company, like Indy Air, that is bad enough, but when you get treated like a new pilot, it is salt in the wound. To bring so much more to the table only to be discarded is poor leadership on the CA.

3. Maybe JB didn't meet their expectations... I am not saying their expectations are realistic or not... just that they weren't met....

There is no way the average pilot wage at this company is close to $100K.

Really? Why don't you find out what the pilot payroll is at B6. $190 million sound about right? Divide that by the 1900 pilots and that comes out to...............$100K. So, sadly the 1% dues will only amount to about 1.9 million a year and will probably put them far short of where they need to be. My prediction, ain't no way it's gonna happen with 1% dues.

You can probably reduce that number to one. I'm ex indy and I'll tell you straight to your face that you're a tool. All you are is a seniority number doing a job that anyone of us could do. And just to get it straight, I left Indy before their collapse. Oh by the way, thanks Indy for the free bus type.

Maybe you're the problem. I've flown with maybe two that I feel the opposite about.

Latest resources

Back