• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA Update

I made it on through INDOC and systems but due to personal reasons I resigned and left on good terms Friday June 22, 2007. The Dir. of Flight Standards and Training I know was sad to see me go and the door is open in 6 months to return. Now I know how things work! I am not a failure or a quitter at all though I recognized the issue at hand and as a professional pilot did the right thing and bowed out on my own accord. As an Eagle Scout (Valor is the better part of Discreation).

No! I did not buckle under the pressure.

Nathen: Do I know you or have we spoke?

Last edited:
I made it on through INDOC and systems but due to personal reasons I resigned and left on good terms Friday June 22, 2007.
Resign :
v. tr.
  1. To submit (oneself) passively; accept as inevitable: I resigned myself to a long wait in line.
  2. To give up (a position, for example), especially by formal notification.
  3. To relinquish (a privilege, right, or claim). See Synonyms at relinquish.
v. intr.
To give up one's job or office; quit, especially by formal notification: resign from a board of directors.

You quit, plain and simple. No way to fluff it.

The Dir. of Flight Standards and Training I know was sad to see me go and the door is open in 6 months to return. Now I know how things work! I am not a failure or a quitter at all though I recognized the issue at hand and as a professional pilot did the right thing and bowed out on my own accord. As an Eagle Scout (Valor is the better part of Discreation).
That door was slammed shut and the locks have been changed. NEXT!!!

So what was the real reason?

Last edited:
As an Eagle Scout (Valor is the better part of Discreation).

Sweet merciful Christ on a pogo stick- it's

DISCRETION IS THE BETTER PART OF VALOR!

As in, do the right thing quietly and without bragging... take care before you enter the fray (which is what I intended to write, but can't stand the fact that you remind me of Jugdesh the Help Desk Drone in Mumbai).

Try this- quietly go choke on your freakin' green card.

Last edited:
Resign :
v. tr.
  1. To submit (oneself) passively; accept as inevitable: I resigned myself to a long wait in line.
  2. To give up (a position, for example), especially by formal notification.
  3. To relinquish (a privilege, right, or claim). See Synonyms at relinquish.
v. intr.
To give up one's job or office; quit, especially by formal notification: resign from a board of directors.

You quit, plain and simple. No way to fluff it.

That door was slammed shut and the locks have been changed. NEXT!!!

So what was the real reason?

DxrICK
So he quit/resigned...who cares? Its not easy making it through any initial training. Haven't you ever failed at anything? Or are you one of those wonder pilots?

All I can say is kudos to our training department for weeding out the weaklings. My family rides on my airline all the time and I don't want some idiot I wouldn't trust with a Cessna tryin to kill them.
BTW they only tell you the come back in 6 months thing because they are obligated to for anti-discrimination and what not.
They can teach almost anyone the systems on this plane, but a piss poor attitude and no willingness to learn coupled with a sense of entitlement and a nice big chip on your shoulder will not only make it pointless to try and teach you...but will also lead you down a path of failure in this career. If PSA spotted this problem then you have to be awfully bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back