Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Airline training is very difficult. All of us have had difficulties at one time or another. Kudos to this guy for getting out before he had a failure on his record. Hopefully he will go back to his old job and push himself harder, tighten up his tolerances, etc. and get another shot at the 121 gig. I know I was not prepared for what Great Lakes threw at me when I was a newhire on the E120. I don't know how you can be totally prepared for the pace of 121 training your first go at it. Most of us just hang on to the static wicks.

Airline training is very difficult. All of us have had difficulties at one time or another. Kudos to this guy for getting out before he had a failure on his record. Hopefully he will go back to his old job and push himself harder, tighten up his tolerances, etc. and get another shot at the 121 gig. I know I was not prepared for what Great Lakes threw at me when I was a newhire on the E120. I don't know how you can be totally prepared for the pace of 121 training your first go at it. Most of us just hang on to the static wicks.
Training is hard. Especially when you're brand new. When I was new there was a lot of difficult information to digest, and the airline is completely aware of this. They are willing to help you get to a point where you can learn hands on...unless you have a sh!t attitude. The training department is fully capable of spotting the know it alls and the guys that aren't going to listen...and therefore aren't teachable...and kick them out for their own good. Luckily for them, most people who aren't cutting it get the opportunity to bail on their own instead of being fired. That's a double edged sword. While I'm sure every is happy to see them get a second chance, do you really want your family flying on a plane with a pilot who's just barely "good enough". At some point some training department somewhere will let a fool like this slip through the cracks, and I can only hope by then that person is humbled enough to listen up and learn how things work.
You imply I should cut the guy some slack. I say the system finally got rid of a risk BEFORE the unknowing passengers got to be put at risk.

No slack should be cut for this moron. If he can't hack it, get him the h*** out of there

The way this clown writes, the way he/she is canvassing every pilot forum out there, and the way he/she is looking to gather experience without gathering any semblance of tenure...

I'll put it mildly. If I was someone looking for someone to watch, this idiot would be at the top of my red flag list.

He just posted his full resume in this Part 135 thread!

Link Removed

The guy can write one hell of a "Personal and Customer Mission Statement"

He also has a killer "Philosophy and Challenge of Customer Service" speech!

Mod Input: Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
DxrICK
So he quit/resigned...who cares? Its not easy making it through any initial training. Haven't you ever failed at anything? Or are you one of those wonder pilots?

I was just pointing out that he quit, when he said he didn't. Resign makes it feel so much better.

Yes, I have failed. Failed my private checkride, but the DE paid dearly. I shot him in the face. "Rick don't fail anything" is what I said before I pulled the trigger.
Actually I failed because my instructor and owner of the flight school said that emergency decents weren't part of the checkride. I showed it to them in the ASA handbook, the continues with "Well they examiners we use don't test for it". When I saw the owner of the flight school, and since my CFI had slipt by the time I took my ride, I told the owner that his fat arse was paying for my retake....which he didn't.

If you quit, thats fine. I know many guys who quit in the middle of ground. But don't try and sugar coat it. But seriously, how bad can initial be, for someone to quit? I have heard of guy quitting during sim and IOE...but the classroom? come on!

Sweet merciful Christ on a pogo stick- it's

DISCRETION IS THE BETTER PART OF VALOR!

As in, do the right thing quietly and without bragging... take care before you enter the fray (which is what I intended to write, but can't stand the fact that you remind me of Jugdesh the Help Desk Drone in Mumbai).

Try this- quietly go choke on your freakin' green card.

What no one has mentioned is that Cowardice is the better part of Discretion...

hehehehehehehehe

Why the h%$#

754 keeps coming back here and there (135 etc') for more?
why he's doing it to himself again anf again WHY???????

HA!!! Posted by Pilot754 from that 135 thread:
I posses nine of what I consider the most important qualities of a First Officer and one day Captain: initiative, high motivation, outstanding organizational skills, self-starter, integrity and good communication skills, team work, caring, and ability to conduct a program to its fullest while keeping in mind safety being first.
HA!!!!! You've got to be kidding! Your communication skills? You sound like "Mike" from Bangalore when I called Dell for tech support. ("Thank you for being call to Dell, I can help today perhaps, my name is Mike. Could you be giving me your serial number?) {said in my Apu voice}

Errr

You don't even know me! Nor, have you ever met me. How can you be making these so off the chart thoughts! Seems like you along with many others on here are not happy where you all are at and taking it out on me. All I am asking is for help, suggestions and or ideas. SHHEEEH YOU GUYS are a bunch of nothings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back