• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot to Nurse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did my ADN (associates degree first) then went back and did a fast track BSN (bachelors science in nursing) which took a year. I made good money 70-75K a year. There are so many oppurtunites out there; endless. If you want more money take call or pick up shifts. I have been doing it for over 12 years. If you have any questions pm me.

Go the easy route and just bang an nurse. First of all nurses are nasty. If you can find a nurse thats a CRNA or PA they are going to make double your wages as CA at the regional. Use your days off to make them happy and you don't have the trouble of going to school. Remind them you have travel bennies to sunny island spots and your golden.

Go the easy route and just bang an nurse. First of all nurses are nasty. If you can find a nurse thats a CRNA or PA they are going to make double your wages as CA at the regional. Use your days off to make them happy and you don't have the trouble of going to school. Remind them you have travel bennies to sunny island spots and your golden.

sweet... that is working it!

And at least no nurses go volunteer to work half price, or for free, or pay to be a nurse.
Being a nurse isn't as "sexy" as being a pilot. Neither is being a longshoreman or a Union Auto Worker

dump the airline pilot dream turned-nightmare as soon as possible and get a job with some pay and benefits

go buy a Skyhawk and fly for fun

Have you considered becoming a paramedic/firefighter? Pay will be close but the schedule and retirement more than make up for the little bit o' lost pay. I've been doing it for 28 years and fly corporate on the side. Wouldn't change a thing. Nurses work very, very hard. Good luck.

nurses do work hard.

another option is the guy who reads the readout/display of the EKG machine. I had one done (for my own benefit, no problems, just getting to that age) and the guy told me he makes 85,000 a year to read like 4 printouts a day, which ultimately must be "signed off" on by a real MD anyway.

nurses do work hard.

another option is the guy who reads the readout/display of the EKG machine. I had one done (for my own benefit, no problems, just getting to that age) and the guy told me he makes 85,000 a year to read like 4 printouts a day, which ultimately must be "signed off" on by a real MD anyway.

I thought the EKG tech did the exam and then the MD read the results.

Have you considered becoming a Physicians Assistant?? With the HUGE shortage of primary care physicians, I have to think demand for PA's will greatly increase.

In this job there are no bedpans, vomit, etc.....you work out of an office and see pacients just like a regular Doc. 80% of money for 50% or the school.

I thought the EKG tech did the exam and then the MD read the results.

well whatever this dudes title was (and I don't know), he operated the machine, made sure it was preflighted, gave you the exam, then said "the doctor will get back to you"

and yes, he said he earned 85,000 a year

just telling you what he told me, who knows...

Latest resources

Back